Nc35 replica rear wheels

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
georgenc30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: vfr7506x nc30 nsr250sp
Nc35 replica rear wheels

Post by georgenc30 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:10 am

Talked to a factory in China about producing the nc35 17 X 4.5 rear wheel they can do this but only on a production run of 200 question is how many on this site would be interested.
I have had a delkevic copy of the nc35 rear on my nc30 for the last 10 years with no problems.
I contacted delkevic to see who supplied them the reply was they actually made the wheels in the UK they stopped production 10 years ago.
As anyone can see it is so difficult to find these wheels now they fetch silly prices If there is enough interest then I will contact the factory.
Just got email from the company for total price of production including making the mould for the wheel.then there will be shipping and import duties costs from China on top of total price so I would have to sell each wheel for 200 pounds to cover my expenses so there you have it.

richyrd5
Reactions:
Re: Nc35 replica rear wheels

Post by richyrd5 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:37 pm

I'd have one for 200..and I'm sure many more would...

youngmoore
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by youngmoore » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:59 am

There's many factories in China. I have dealt with many factories over there for years on other non motorcycle relate stuff but in the metal products biz. None of the them ever got our prototypes products correct and that wasn't without really really trying. I would love a rear wheel for 200 state side or something close to that but I do have massive reluctance and trust from them. Even parts customers bought and brought in for us to put on their NC30's here needed "custom work" to fit. China also doesn't have the access to the iron, and aluminum , materials etc as other countries do. The purity just isn't in there. Oh and trust me they would do an order for 10 if pushed for prototypes. Making money, face, and shortcuts are how things are done over there. We have seen brake levers, Master cylinders, rear sets , any type of bearing fail and most quickly. I'm not saying no but just giving you a heads up how it is there.

If one factory won't do it I'm sure you will find one that will. Also remember that China makes like 90% of all the bicycles made and shipped worldwide!! They also make a ton a of wheels even Carbon Fiber wheels for bicycles.

Without all the above said I hope I haven't punched you in the gut but just wanted you to know how things are done. There's plus's and negatives. We all know if the wheel was made in the UK they would be perfect if not at least 99%. Also remember that we are talking about a single sided rear wheel and that brings with it more stress to the wheel and you need to stress this when having prototypes made. Also and I hate to say this but they do not share the care of their product if it fails and someone gets hurt. Its just not in their DNA, I say this just as a warning for understanding not to disrespect them its just the way they are brought up. Most motorcycles are now banned from the major cities over there now. They have also moved well into the NC30 parts ebay market need over the last few years as well as most have seen.

Take care and all the best

georgenc30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by georgenc30 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 pm

well as they said they can only do a production run of 200 and thanks for the heads up i would hate it if someone got hurt due to bad manufacturing.
they do actually produce motorcycle wheels as well as other parts.but i will leave it at that.

georgenc30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by georgenc30 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 pm

I am looking into getting someone here in france to make exact copies of the HRC race exhaust system for the nc30 i have a complete system but its seen better days a few rust holes here and there i can use my system as a template i dont think i can supply the race can perhaps people can buy a can that fits on the net.Any interest? i will be made in stainless steel.

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 am

georgenc30 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 pm
I am looking into getting someone here in france to make exact copies of the HRC race exhaust system for the nc30 i have a complete system but its seen better days a few rust holes here and there i can use my system as a template i dont think i can supply the race can perhaps people can buy a can that fits on the net.Any interest? i will be made in stainless steel.
Contact Predator Motorsport - This sounds like something he would do.

http://predatormotorsport.co.uk

DannoXYZ
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by DannoXYZ » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:42 am

I'll take 2x NC35 17x4.5" wheels!