Are there any vtec cb400sf owners on here?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29
Are there any vtec cb400sf owners on here?

Post by royster81 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:10 pm

Are there any vtec cb400sf guys on here ?
I've a '99 hypervtec and I want to remove the carbs but I can't get enough space for them to clear the motor/air box.

What's the trick?
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz
Re: Are there any vtec cb400sf owners on here?

Post by Superjack44 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:39 pm

I loosen the airbox off on my 92 NC31 and that enables me to move the airbox back about 25mm, maybe the same method will work on your vtech.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:32 pm

I've loosened the air box and the carbs but space is tight so I haven't got then free yet.

And the throttle cable are a curse!
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz

Post by Superjack44 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:44 pm

When I do mine I pull it back as far as possible then wedge something (preferably a wood block) to keep it back, then its a case of loosening the carbs in the rubber inlets ,they are usually stuck but do come free with moving the carbs around by hand, if you must they can be loosened using a lever to try and pry them loose but take care where you lever them from the carbs are easily damaged and expensive to repair the mixture screw is very easy to damage.
Don't ask me how I know :oops:
The throttle cables are easier to access once the carbs are loose and away from the head, I usually pull mine away from the right hand side of the bike.
Slacken the adjustable cable first and remove from where it is locked in place that enables the other cable to be removed , turn the carbs upside down then you can see where the nipples are located with the outer cables loose its just a case of wangling the cables and nipples free from the carbs .
Take digital pictures of which part goes where before dismantling as its easy to get them in the wrong order on assembly

Patch29
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Patch29 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Hair dryer....

HyperVtec
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400 NC31 1999 Hyper Vtec

Post by HyperVtec » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:53 am

royster81 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:10 pm
Are there any vtec cb400sf guys on here ?
I've a '99 hypervtec and I want to remove the carbs but I can't get enough space for them to clear the motor/air box.

What's the trick?
Hi there man I Own a 1999 Hyper Vtec and yes removing the card is quit tricky cause of the air box. but there is a little trick to it.

If you remove the seat as well as the battery and the tank ( as you have to do with all things on this bike) you will see that close to the seat click at the back by the tail there is almoust a plastic handle type thing that allows the plastic area under the seat to move backwards if you pull it back and up. ( the area the battery sits in)

This will make it a hell of a lot easier to remove the carbs. As a side note behind the the protective carb covers close to the cdi( there are 2 bolts that have to also be removed witch willalow more freedom to move things around)

I wish it was possible to put Cone filters on this bike due to the difficulty the air box causes with almoust everything.

Please inbox me if you need any help with anything on the bike I have had myn since 2005

VicMAB
Settled in member
Reactions:
Are there any vtec cb400sf owners on here

Post by VicMAB » Tue May 21, 2019 10:36 am

Im looking for a way to quickly ad and remove mods for multi-player games.

Is there one and where to get it?

Patch29
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Patch29 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 am

Anyone have any ideas how to remove Airbox all together??

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk