Honda CB 400 Air box

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
HyperVtec
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400 NC31 1999 Hyper Vtec
Honda CB 400 Air box

Post by HyperVtec » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:24 am

Hi there guys over the years i have managed to keep the airbox in relativly good condition seeing as I am not able to open it or remove the air filter due to the Air box being brocken however I have pushed it far along and it badly needs replacing now, Buying a new airbox is not an option as they are not avalable.

I would like to switch to a high flow air filter or cone filters against my better judgment as this is my only options.

I understand that I will need to increase the jet sizes and or air fuel mixture screws along with the air cone filter due to there being a larger air intake volume however I am not exatly sure what parts I will need ( Injectors?)

Please help As it is now getting hectic.And very important that i replace this the bike is not getting enough air flow and its messing around with everything

:rocks:

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz
Re: Honda CB 400 Air box

Post by Superjack44 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:02 pm

Exactly what model is it, you can find airbox's on fleabay Doh should have read your profile first