NC23/29 engine swap

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
xander
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: '94 CB400SF, '13 Ninja ZX-6R
Re: NC23/29 engine swap

Post by xander » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm

pugnator wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 am
Just in case someone is interested.
Front brakes were replaced with ones from GSX600, several mods for front suspension, including new fork springs etc
Bought Revo's throttle bodies...

Bit late to the party on this one - how do you find the brake change? Much better performance? I'd love to upgrade mine from standard to some bigger brake calipers, but don't want to change the front wheel/forks ideally!

pugnator
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC31

Post by pugnator » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm

xander wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm
Bit late to the party on this one - how do you find the brake change? Much better performance? I'd love to upgrade mine from standard to some bigger brake calipers, but don't want to change the front wheel/forks ideally!
You should not only change calipers itself but also master cylinder and front suspension. In combination I got brand-new-bike feeling. It's like to buy completely different bike - more predictable and cushioned. I love it.
In front suspension I installed another springs and DIY cartridge emulator - in fact, Ohlins replica made by me.

xander
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: '94 CB400SF, '13 Ninja ZX-6R

Post by xander » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:00 pm

pugnator wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm
xander wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm
You should not only change calipers itself but also master cylinder and front suspension. In combination I got brand-new-bike feeling. It's like to buy completely different bike - more predictable and cushioned. I love it.
In front suspension I installed another springs and DIY cartridge emulator - in fact, Ohlins replica made by me.
Excellent! I've just rebuilt the front forks (same springs though), made such a big difference. Did you do the master cylinder from the Suzuki (Katana?) too?

pugnator
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC31

Post by pugnator » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:10 pm

xander wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:00 pm
Excellent! I've just rebuilt the front forks, made such a big difference. Did you do the master cylinder from the Suzuki (Katana?) too?
I just made a visit to local scrapyard and took one from Kawasaki ER-6 2015. It is plug and play, shares the same brake switch as Honda and has the same thread for mirror mount.