Screen on a CB400 sf & mirrors

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
corkdragon
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb400 super4
Screen on a CB400 sf & mirrors

Post by corkdragon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 pm

I have a cb400sf 1995 model. I got her sprayed last year to Black and half considering getting a screen on the front. But thing is - does it make a big difference or would it be a waste of time/money? I tend to like going for 200km spins and occassional motorway use.
With regards my mirrors - they are scratched on the back but not just that, I seem to be able to see better behind me with left mirror (just) - right one shows me more of my arm then anything - no matter how I adjust it. Are there any good replacement mirror for the cb?
I'd appreciate anyones insight - thanks. :grin:

(my cb - some bits and pieces to be done I know - work in progress)

craigs23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Quite a few
Re: Screen on a CB400 sf & mirrors

Post by craigs23 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 am

I used a small fly screen on my CB500 winter bike last year.

It wasn't the largest of items, just cleared the clocks by a couple of inches (any larger and they look a little silly IMO). It wasn't as effective as a full faired bike, but it was enough to keep the wind off my chest - which was deliberate, as it kept the windchill down.

I haven't fitted one to my Superfour as I don't think it'll benefit from it (as I don't use it in winter), and think they don't look quite as good as a completely unfaired bike.

Having said that, perhaps to continue the black theme you have going on, I doubt a darked smoked screen on your bike will detract from the styling too much.

I've got aftermarket short stem mirrors on my Superfour. Give a wider field of vision than the usual rectangular items, and I believe they suit the bike's styling better (matches the round clocks, round headlamp, etc). Despite the cheaper price I paid for them, they don't blur too much either. Think Wemoto stocks a variety to choose from.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

a mate had a 600 hornet back when i had mine and he had a small fly screen on it, i thought it looked pish and never fitted one , it was so small i didn't see it making much of a difference either but brian highsided his hornet and broke the screen off, after that he kept going on and on about the difference it made not having it there .

food for thought.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

corkdragon
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb400 super4

Post by corkdragon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:20 pm

thanks everyone. Unfortunately had a few problems with CB since New Years so have decided it's time to move her on to someone who can fix her themselves as it's costing me a fortune.
thanks everyone