New bike.New member

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
New bike.New member

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Hello there. Purchased an RVF400 last saturday and decided to join this forum to find out more about them and ask advice from those who know (that's you lot). So, first question; is the original exhaust on the RVF similar to that on the VFR? I'm wondering if my bike has a VFR exhaust. Is that possible? Next question, can you recommend a good replacement system that's readily available and not silly money? Thanks

KennonNC29
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: New bike.New member

Post by KennonNC29 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:32 pm

the RVF has a bolt on silencer system whereas the VFR has a welded on silencer unless it has been cut off and a aftermarket can has been fitted, you can get RVF system come up on ebay everyonce in a while but as with both VFR and RVF systems the collars will be in bad condition and need repairing.

Kennon

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: New bike.New member

Post by Foxy400 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:16 pm

It would seem that my RVF has a VFR system (or possibly a Yamamoto half-system with an NC30 end can). I've now got an RVF system from another member (thankyou skinnydog), minus front downpipes. I'm planning on switching the two systems and I'm assuming the downpipes already on the bike will fit (ie. both systems use the same downpipes). Am I correct?
Any advice or tips on doing this switch will be greatly appreciated. What bits and pieces will I need to buy before I start? The last exhaust I messed with was back in 1980-something, fitting a Neta 4-2-1 onto my Z550 (great sound, less power!..'though I didn't know that at the time).