Odiham Track Day -8th June £60

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 of course
Re: Odiham Track Day -8th June £60

Post by Smev » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Tractor - it might be best contacting Spike as he will be riding up from winchester too.

But its not too far from the A30 - when yuo get to Hook - look for signs for Odiham and Alton - followthem and yo won't go far wrong.

Smev
Mister Donut Rep NC30

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race

Post by Spike16 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:05 pm

If you wana meet me in winch in the mornign we can have a good blat up to warm my tyres, Il be in daylight mot mode so no lights only a no plate so keep an eye out for the plod

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Smev » Tue May 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Latest update on this is as below -

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

IMPORTANT: CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS TO REACH ME IS THE 31ST MAY 2009. AFTER THAT, NO MORE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. THIS INCLUDES 'ON THE DAY HOPEFULS'.

Those who are coming, the arrangements for the event are very similar to last time, albeit with some slight changes.

Entry to the Odiham will be via Crash Gate 4, which is on the Odiham-Alton road, halfway down the hill (Crash gate 5 is at the top of the hill). The gate will be open from 0745. Please don't be any earlier, as it will only present a hazard to other road users.

Once you arrive, present some ID (driving licence) to the guys on the gate who will check you off. At the top of the entry road, turn left and follow the taxiway round past the fire section, along the dispersal along the marked lane to the paddock.

The check-in desk will be open from 8-9. It will close after that (so don't be late!). The MANDATORY briefing will follow the booking in. If you are late, it will delay the brief, which will delay the first session (hopefully 0930).

The guys checking you in will give you a ticket which you need to take to the noise tester. He will put a numbered sticker onto your bike.

Bike/personal prep:
105dB limit.
Remove/tape up mirrors/lights/indicators.
Ensure: Your tyres will last upto 2 hours on track.
Your bike is in a fit state, ie no leaks, all parts securely connected.
Road bikes: fill up your fuel tank.
Make sure you have one-piece or 2 piece (connected at the waist)leathers/motorcycle textiles, biking gloves and a full face helmet.
Check your insurance provision. Your road policy will not cover you.

We will run until about lunchtime, take a break, then run until 5 o'clock.

We are hoping to have the following exhibitors:
Barnstormers BMW
Triumph
Julian Cameron (Excellent Mechanic and setup guru)
Polephotos
ProCam (video)
Burger wagon
Cappucino wagon
Bike Safe Riding
Ear defenders (possibly)

We still need marshals....

All for now (I cannot remember any more...).

Doug

Thats it really!! if you wanna come get your names down!!!!!!

Cheers Smev
Mister Donut Rep NC30

DAC
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 89 NC30

Post by DAC » Fri May 22, 2009 12:04 am

Hi Kev,
I haven't had a reply from Doug Fowler yet, but am still up for marshalling on 8th June.
See you there - and anyone else who is going along.
Regards,
Dave.
RWB NC30

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Smev » Fri May 22, 2009 10:22 am

Dave,
I have passed your details and also Tractor from the forum onto Doug - He is away training in Morrocco for a week or so - it may take time for him to reply.
Any problems tho give me a call and I'll sort you out

Cheers Kev
Mister Donut Rep NC30

mattUKNC
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fury, NC30, CRF250L and a C90!

Post by mattUKNC » Fri May 22, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Kev,
What's the deal on just being there to meet folk, not ride I mean? Would that be possible?
:? :grin:
Matt

razghost
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by razghost » Fri May 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Smev wrote:Road bikes: fill up your fuel tank.
Make sure you have one-piece or 2 piece (connected at the waist)leathers/motorcycle textiles, biking gloves and a full face helmet.
Check your insurance provision. Your road policy will not cover you...
Sorry never been on a track day before so i have a few questions i hope you can awnser...

1. does the tank have to last you 2 hours, because mine might struggle.
2. whats it mean "Check your insurance provision..." do we have to be covered by some sort of special insurance???

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Smev » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 pm

to answer your questions -

Matt - it shouldn't be too much of a problem to come and chat/meet people ( my mobile number is in the post above) but you'd need to be there at the check in times which is pretty early!! the gate to enter through is not the main one but just past it by half a mile at the end of the run way.

Raz - there is a petrol station not far outside camp - during the lunch break people usually go out to fill up - in the morning you'll probably get 2 or 3 20 min sessions which a tank ful should be enough!! I'll have a jerry can or two full aswell just incase and you are welcome to borrow some.
As for insurance - I just have normal insurance for the road and don't have any for the track - its difficult to find an insurer who will insure you on track. I expect 95% ofthe bikes out there won't be insured but its nothing to worry about.

Cheers Smev
Mister Donut Rep NC30

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race

Post by Spike16 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:25 pm

looks like there will be a fair few 400gb'ers there which is good

iv sent my form off and hope to see you lot there, im taking a jerry can full of fuel so i can fill my tank the minimum amount to try and keep weight to a minimum, there's a long strait which wont be too fun on my a 400.

Iv got my tyre warmers and providing I can get a socket to plug them into they should be fun and I may let a couple of people have a go with them for a session but cant promise anything

what group are people entered for? im in the Inters but might swap to fast as I kept up in the fast at my last trackday and hate getting bloked as its hard to overtake slow groups of bikes on a 400

sammy_bibs
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by sammy_bibs » Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Yea looks good, just hit print on the Docs, just got to hope the old snail mail makes it on time! Should be ok though! Nice to do something close to home rather than all way up in them northen territories! =)