Odiham Track Day -8th June £60

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 of course
Odiham Track Day -8th June £60

Post by Smev » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:53 pm

I just got this from the secretary of the bike club on camp.

Dear All,

This year's first (of 2) ARDs (Airfield riding day) at Odiham will be on Monday 8th June 2009. Yes, I realise it is not a Bank Holiday!

If you are interested, it will be run along similar lines to last year, although there may be some slight changes (due to it being a working day), so keep an eye on this forum for formal details, and if and when the packup is released, check it!

So, if you want to come along, please fill in and send the application form (and payment), downloadable at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qykyyqumzmj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are not yet a member (or need to renew), you will also need to join, so include your membership form (and payment):

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmjzn0gmgjj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The event costs £50, and annual membership is £10.
There is a 105dB noise limit.
You should hopefully get between 1.5-2 hours of track time. There will be free instruction on hand.
Riding will start about 0945, and finish by 5.
There will be a burger van, set up advice, (hopefully) a tyre service and bits and bobs stand, and photos and on bike video.

To make it possible to run this, we always desperately need marshals. Full training will be given, and we will provide lunch, and pay you for your services... If you are able to help, please get in touch.

All for now.

Doug Fowler

So there you have it- I'll be there on my NC30 and sure some other 400's will turn up too.

Smev 8-)
Last edited by Smev on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Donut Rep NC30

hksooie1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: a few Nc30s and Ducati 748
Re: Odiham Track Day -*th June £60

Post by hksooie1 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Wonder if I can claim it as a days duty for raf sport and get travelling expenses down lol

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race
Re: Odiham Track Day -8th June £60

Post by Spike16 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:10 am

im going! ts bang in the middle of my A level exams so dont be get offended if im revising in between sessions and am not so talkative lol but no exam that day so il be there

first race is under 2 weeks after that so shud be good testing for then aswell, cheeps as mallory testing without the traveling

tractor664
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tractor664 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:22 pm

what is required for marshal duties as may be interested in helping out ....is it at odiham between hook and basingstoke

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Smev » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Marshalling is an easy job - just ask Spike as he did it last year.

It just involves having a radio/walkie talkie to listen into incase of an accident and waving flags to alert others of danger/end of session etc.

And yes it is Odiham near Hook an Baso's!

Its a normal working Day on the camp so there might be the odd chinook doing a fly past or landing in the pit area!!

Cheers Smev
Mister Donut Rep NC30

tractor664
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tractor664 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:26 am

chinooks no prob as i live just down rd from worthy down f...ly by nearly every bloody night :sshh:
waiting for ok off boss but would be happy to marshal , i know flags as i used to race tin cans a few years back ..99% sure will be there when i know i,ll let you know

Sligeach
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '90 NC30 - '12 Stripe R

Post by Sligeach » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 pm

interesting indeed.
are 600's welcome and whats the numbers limit?
the forum user formerly known as declangaelic

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Smev » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Yep all bikes welcome - think there is a limit of 100 bikes but never had that many - even on the weekend ones in the past we've 'only' had 92 at the most!!
This is a normal week day - a Monday so might be a few less than usual.
In the past we've had an F1 sidecar outfit there which will take you out for a few laps at stupid speeds too!! Hanging off is optional!!

Smev 8-)
Mister Donut Rep NC30

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race

Post by Spike16 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:08 pm

i saw a bloke get dragged on his front all the way up thruxton start finish strait before letting go into turn one on one of those sidecars, looks a laugh, id be up for it! cant be worse than skydiving, and iv done that twice

marshaling is a laugh, you even get paid! which easily covered fuel there an back + lunch, even get to pick up some poor blokes bike should he come off, hope its not me this time the only thing is by the end of the day you will want to get out on track yourself, or at least i did

tractor664
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tractor664 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:21 pm

day off granted so will def be there to help marshall let me know times to be there and is it well sign posted prob travel up the a30 basingstoke road ... :up: