anybody going to the tt this year??

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
bean
Familiar Member
Reactions:
anybody going to the tt this year??

Post by bean » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:52 pm

hey guys sorry havent been on here for a long long time,, well as per title myself my brother and the missis are off to the tt, were heading up on the tuesday and back on the sunday,, should be a good laugh,,
will both be on nc35's and its a 5 hour ride to the port lol, would be good to see a few 400s on the way..

Taggyd
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: fzr 400 3tj x 2, cbr900rrs
Re: anybody going to the tt this year??

Post by Taggyd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am

i wish! its in work time so no chance as i cant take days off until oficial holidays! bugger! :evil:

wullvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: zx9r c1

Post by wullvfr » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:56 pm

just rub it in mate,that's alright i can handle it...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

i was booked up last year but had to cancel for 2 reasons

1:i was skint leading up to it 2:the bike was temperamental as fook and kept giving me jip

number 2 was probably the cause for me having no money,but the bike is no longer with me :D

sadly i won't be going this year and i was planning on doing the nw200 but can't afford it this yr either.

next year hopefully i can make one or the other....

william
please,god,....give me the chance to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me!!!

bean
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by bean » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:58 pm

lol well i'll leave this post here for a bit maybe nearer the time someone will be coming along,,
will ofcourse take lots of pics to share..

AliasOmega
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by AliasOmega » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Been twice..

2006 on the NC30
2008 in the car

Will recommend going in the car, as there were so many car crashes with bikes, and 9/10 them were bike problems playing TT racer, speeding or coming round bends on the wrong side of the road.

First time went from Heysham, Second time from Liverpool.

The bike was £180 for 1 person, 1 bike

The car was £280 for 2 persons, 1 car

We stayed near the quarterbridge, in a homestay (someones house B&B) and it was £27 pp per night.

Walking distance to the course, local bus routes etc.

Any more, let me know.

fixer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30/bsab25

Post by fixer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi bean we are going to the tt for the practice week by car.
F I X E R

bean
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by bean » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:41 am

hey thanks for the replys, its all booked and not to worry alias been riding for quite a while lol, not planning on being another statistic for the sake of a holliday jolly..and to take my car would cost a absolute fortune!
er yer were headin over from haysham,, purely because liverpool was totally booked up..
looks like the missis is flying over now, wich is actually quite a bonus as 1 she can take some luggage lol,, and 2 we did a 4 hour run just before xmas and my back was killing after, i think 6 hours riding would have involved about 4 stoppes with a pillion,, although the range on the 35 isnt great lol..
er were staying in one of the iom camps fixer, and for most of the practice week too.... i'll pm you my mob a little closer to the time if you fancy a pint in the sunshine,, just no jibes about the bike yer! its a work in progress!..
cheers
bean

racytracy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RT & GSXR600K4

Post by racytracy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:44 pm

I'll be going for practice & race week. I marshal at TT & the Manx, so it is really good fun, the weather has been good for 2006, 2007 & 2008, hopefully It'll be nice this year. The weather at the Manx was very changeable last year!

Just go out & enjoy the atmosphere, it's a beautiful island, loads of pubs & places to eat.
There have unfortunately been some bad accidents which is why the roads have been closed, the police have to investigate the accidents, Health & safety etc.... But keep out of the way, stay left NOT on the white line, as some people do!! & BE AWARE of who is coming up behind you, if it's a faster rider give them a bit of room, as hopefully you would do riding on any road. Riding the right way round the course helps, sometimes it is necessary to go the 'wrong' way.

I have had a few people undertake me on my bike which was not nice, a few bikes & cars on wrong side of road, I just composed myself & carried on!! You got got to ride smarter & sharper thats all.

Have fun
Might see you there
Tracy

fzrtim
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400 FZRhybrid FZR600 RSV1k

Post by fzrtim » Sun May 10, 2009 11:12 am

Hi. Im going over for the race week but unfortunately will miss race 1 as i am travelling up on the 6th. This will mean i also miss Rossi and Agostini doing there lap of the mountain (gutted!). I'm stopping in a hotel in Douglas which is costing a fortune but never mind, its paid now! Dont think im taking my 400, will probably take the RSV as i have a lot of motorway milage to cover. Maybe see you there?

bean
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by bean » Fri May 15, 2009 11:50 pm

thanks for the reply's guys, really should check back here more often,, er i'll be there till the 7th so yer would be good to meet up, i'll mail you guys my mobile number ignore it if ya like lol,, but if you fancey a beer and to laugh at two blokes who just did a 7 hour trip on tiny race prepped nc35's then your more than welcome..