Cadwell Classic Track Weekend 24th / 25th June 2017

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones
Re: Cadwell Classic Track Weekend 24th / 25th June 2017

Post by jim157 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Quality weekend with some fantastic company, despite my nc30 not wanting to play ball. Luckily the kmx200 was a hoot. I got immense satisfaction from overtaking big bikes around the outside of chris curve on a 27 year old trail bike with adventure tyres.

The Elvis boots moment was one of many hilarious episodes. I should really come more often...
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16

Post by Yakama » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Yup has an awesome time so thanks guys. Can't wait for next year already :rocks:

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 pm

A great weekend as ever. Big thanks to Mike & Mi for sorting out the gazebo and BBQ and especially the cake. Sorry for the last session Mike! Hopefully I managed to get some footage of most of you this afternoon and will post it up as soon as I can.

How's the van Liam?

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Yakama » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:51 pm

Yeah it's ok thanks. Smoke cleared up and seems fine so like you said can only assume it was because I had it idling all weekend to charge the bike batteries. Thanks for stopping and thanks to you and skinnydog for helpful my with the nc23 and to Tony for building such an amazing nc30 for me!

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Yakama » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 pm

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:44 am

Was a great weekend and always a pleasure to see the usual faces plus great to meet some new faces also.
Once again the banter was brilliant and to top it off even my long lost twin brother turned up! :grin:

Popped into his pub on way home for a quick one but no one recognised me....

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 am

reverse cylinder jim wrote:Was a great weekend and always a pleasure to see the usual faces plus great to meet some new faces also.
Once again the banter was brilliant and to top it off even my long lost brother turned up! :grin:

Popped into his pub on way home for a quick one but no one recognised me....
Ha ha ha, it was like a mirror.
I reckon we should have taken time to find him and ask him for a picture of you two together.

I had a brief chat with him just by the toilets (sounds a bit gay i know) after stopping for a wee after a session to come out and he was checking out the CR asking what i had done to it and some other questions.
I also apologized about Anglesey and shouting at him and he laughed at that and did remember something about someone shouting at him when he got close to the transit - i think it was the van he remembered.
He asked what i thought of the custom sport, he agreed when i said i thought it was a bit crap.
Insert Signature Here

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Guy Martin will always be the poor man's reverse cylinder Jim as far as I'm concerned...
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

I think Jim is quicker than Guy Martin around cadwell. i reckon it's the shorter hair and mutton chops
Insert Signature Here

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:26 pm

CP 2017 didn't disappoint, it was a great 400GB turnout and the experience was as ever fecking awesome! It was great to catch up with our German friends Michael, Florian, Axel (& Ambrose) too.

Slightly different experience on track this year, being that majority of us punched well above our cc in the middleweight group. At times was a tad frustrating, but plenty of round the outside round the outside overtaking ensued, which was a nice. Certainly rode the nuts off my poor NC, I’m slighty surprised the engine didn’t expire running with hardly any water in it half the time! :stupid:

A special thanks to Mi for the food and organising my world, Tim for his BBQ skills, Liam for the drop-in the charging station - my lungs are all the better for it, Zippy for the diet tips & fitness regime, and finally Jim for being Jim.

Personal highlights for me were:-

riding at 4mph in the parade;
generally being late for everything;
coleslaw;
finally working out the correct line through Charlies;
checking out Mi's white bits;
bumping my bike in the holding area after everyone else was long gone then chasing & passing 2/3 of the group from almost a whole lap down;
watching Zippy watching the FooFighters at Glastonbury on an iphone screen wishing he had a 55” LED TV installed in the 400GB gazebo;
and Jim kicking the arse of Mr Kipling!
end

Took my leathers in this morning to be adorned with 500 gold studs, thankyouverymuch….

I really enjoyed you all, love & peace, :peace:

Me, Panama Mike & Mi xx
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh