Classic Bike Trackday 3 - 16/17/18th October - Snetterton

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy
Re: Classic Bike Trackday 3 - 16/17/18th October - Snetterto

Post by BB_158 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:20 am

Sunday's 4hr Endurance Legends Race Meeting was superb, I hope it continues to grow year on year.

A big thank you to Darin & Rob for sponsoring/organising a great trackday weekend, despite lots of people caving due to the unsettled weather. You know who you are... you zeros! ;)

I wasn't the only reluctant participant on wet Friday, but I did eventually make it out on circuit. With the superbike & middleweight groups combined to give 40min open track sessions, we all limped gingerly in the corners but then I was repeatedly mugged on the straights by superior horsepower. A dry line did appear by mid/late afternoon but not wide enough for the TROUSER FIREWORK to do its stuff. Thankfully, Saturday was dry and finally we got to sample what Snetterton has to offer and I gave my NC a good ragging. A top day! 8-)

It was great to chat with more 400GB members and to spend some quality time on and off track with Michael & Florian who had ventured over from Germany. Hope the data-logging proves useful and that you guys manage to make it to Cadwell for next year.

Need some photos of us on circuit please.
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:41 pm

I was totally gutted. couldn't make it on the Friday and had volunteered to marshal on the Saturday & Sunday. When I volunteered to marshal, we were told that we only had to marshal for the endurance sessions so I was to hoping to dash away from the marshal post and get a few sessions in but it turned out we were marshalling everything. The poor CB-1 got towed all the way to Snetterton only to sit on the bike trailer all weekend. Never mind......

I did have a wander over to the see if I could find anyone and managed to spot the bikes but not the owners.

Did anyone see the awful band on Friday? The Saturday band were good though.

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Hopefully you'll all come to Cadwell Park next year which is our spiritual trackday here at 400Greybike. :-)

mruehl34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mruehl34 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:34 pm

BB_158 wrote:Sunday's 4hr Endurance Legends Race Meeting was superb, I hope it continues to grow year on year.

A big thank you to Darin & Rob for sponsoring/organising a great trackday weekend, despite lots of people caving due to the unsettled weather. You know who you are... you zeros! ;)

I wasn't the only reluctant participant on wet Friday, but I did eventually make it out on circuit. With the superbike & middleweight groups combined to give 40min open track sessions, we all limped gingerly in the corners but then I was repeatedly mugged on the straights by superior horsepower. A dry line did appear by mid/late afternoon but not wide enough for the TROUSER FIREWORK to do its stuff. Thankfully, Saturday was dry and finally we got to sample what Snetterton has to offer and I gave my NC a good ragging. A top day! 8-)

It was great to chat with more 400GB members and to spend some quality time on and off track with Michael & Florian who had ventured over from Germany. Hope the data-logging proves useful and that you guys manage to make it to Cadwell for next year.

Need some photos of us on circuit please.
Mike we will see it. If the date is OK for Cadwell we will try it. :whistle: And i hope we will see more greybikemembers :lol:

Michael

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:39 pm

CB1pod70 wrote:I was totally gutted. couldn't make it on the Friday and had volunteered to marshal on the Saturday & Sunday. When I volunteered to marshal, we were told that we only had to marshal for the endurance sessions so I was to hoping to dash away from the marshal post and get a few sessions in but it turned out we were marshalling everything. The poor CB-1 got towed all the way to Snetterton only to sit on the bike trailer all weekend. Never mind......

I did have a wander over to the see if I could find anyone and managed to spot the bikes but not the owners.

Did anyone see the awful band on Friday? The Saturday band were good though.
Yeah, unfortunate that we missed you. We were either on track or watching others from pitlane, then fecked off to the local pub in the evenings! :grin:
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh