Classic Bike Trackday 2 - 11th & 12st of July - Cadwell

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Re: Classic Bike Trackday 2 - 11th & 12st of July - Cadwell

Post by CRM » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:59 pm

Well that was an eventful weekend.
i will write more of a write up tomorrow - but one word to sum it up = HOT !!!!
Insert Signature Here

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:03 pm

It wasnt hot.....................it was bloody hot 8-)

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Vic I think we picked the wrong track day to go to....
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:48 am

Well as you may have guessed the weather was once again on our side and it was like the last few times a busy and action packed weekend.
Firstly i had bike dilemma's and drama's. With the poor little CRM sounding like a can of marbles and the RD350N1 devoid of a rear back brake i have little choice to take the RVF with knackered headstock bearings and front wheelbearings for the event. could be worse i know but better sling that down the road than the RC30 !!
I rocked up there to site on friday late afternoon and we set up camp (parked the vans) so after a quick spin to town to stock up on fuel and essentials (sun cream, water) we headed back and everyone else started to arrive and set up camp.
Once again right at the back while a trudge if you wanted to walk anywhere it was also away from the sound of gene's and much of the noise which contributed to 2 nights fantastic sleep.
Saturday morning we all head off to sign on and the excitement starts - so does the heat.
blazing sunshine 25 degrees or more we are all cooking - some more than others.
sadly for me personally after the first 2 sessions i was beat, massive headache, feeling very lethargic and the thought of stuffing myself in those leathers was not appealing so sat the rest of the sessions out - apart from the last session which was slightly damp but much cooler. It would appear i found my mojo in the damp and after getting out at the front of the session i seemed to have a pretty lonely session all on my own and starting to lap other bikes.
So with day one ending on a high for me personally i was ready for some scampi and chips and bed

Sunday started a bit damp but was getting warm once again. and after 2 sessions in the morning - again the heat started to get to me, coupled with some wrist pump and extremely knackered wheels bearings i thought it was time to load the bike up before i end up lobbing it.

So after we all started to pack up, jump start Simons transit, and say goodbye's it was the long drive home to unload the van and a nice bath.

on reflection it was hot, good fun, ace company, "on the pace" and most of us had trouble only with one individual once again (as it seemed so did quite a few others from other groups) who all got pissed off with the close passes and diving demonstrated by a guy on a orange NC29 who was bloody fast and his mate on an aptly very smoky castrol NC30/35
What have i learned from this - well without doubt, supermoto is the way forward for me. Trackdays for me are about fun and a laugh. once it all gets a bit serious the fun starts to diminish. the RVF was a bit too much like hard work and quite a bit faster too. the CRM was so much more fun and while much slower i would still rather be on that.
It has cemented in my mind i will be buying a CR250 overt the coming months and this will be my new track day toy.
see you in 2016 biatches.
Insert Signature Here

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:45 am

Sounds like a good one again, it's a shame that certain repeat offenders treat it as a race day rather than a track day.

What are your bike plans for Snetterton Paul? At least the only heat issues will be the lack of it!

The most pressing question is though, did the circlip turn up?
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:50 am

Snetterton is not on my radar at the moment. and it appears it's a big long place - not something i would want to be riding a 250 around to be honest.
Circlip was declared MIA and we put the flags at half mast

Insert Signature Here

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:58 am

Goodnight sweet prince.

AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Purpletoddy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Purpletoddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 am

CRM wrote:Snetterton is not on my radar at the moment. and it appears it's a big long place - not something i would want to be riding a 250 around to be honest.
Circlip was declared MIA and we put the flags at half mast

Go on you know you want to !!

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am

hello pal, nice to see you and great to chat with you all.
yep you know it - i have already been on the prowl for a CR to add to the fleet.

did you have a good weekend ? - it looked like you had the most fun
Insert Signature Here

Purpletoddy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Purpletoddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:18 am

CRM wrote:hello pal, nice to see you and great to chat with you all.
yep you know it - i have already been on the prowl for a CR to add to the fleet.

did you have a good weekend ? - it looked like you had the most fun

Yeh weekend was superb.

I only took the cr250 in case the rd350 nipped up like last year after 6 laps!

Once I got the cr250 on track I wanted to stay on it all day. The bike is now in bits again as rear shock blew its oil so it's away this morning to get rebuilt and a supermoto tune.

Next year I'll jump back into the TROUSER FIREWORK group for more fun never know I may have a zxr400sp with me as well ....