Europe spin - may 2014

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
rumpoldstilskin
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Honda RVF 400 NC35 RT
Re: Europe spin - may 2014

Post by rumpoldstilskin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:34 pm

God knows how is get luggage on my bike with this TYGA kit? Was comical yesterday trying to haul some tyres to TST, I had them strapped to my back like some kind of ninja turtle. Rekon I'll give this one a miss until I have the gear to go like luggage and waterproofs-I man it up here but couldn't do a full day in wet gear there and then the same the next day. Sounds like a fantastic journey though-jealous

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:16 am

BB_158 wrote:
I hope that the GB400 forum will do the classic bike trackday weekend event at Cadwell again. But with several of the guys from last year going racing in 2014 then I won't be surprised to find other priorities get in the way of this. I intend to go & support them at some of their race meetings as well.

Guess I won't know what i'm doing until the Nurburgring date is released, but if my German plans go to shite, then I'd certainly be up for joining you on a 400 trip.
Sorry for the slight hi-jack but i for one will be going up to cadwell for the classic bike TD again, racing or no racing. I really hope we make it an annual thing cus it was bloody brilliant.

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:20 pm

VFRkieran wrote:
BB_158 wrote:
I hope that the GB400 forum will do the classic bike trackday weekend event at Cadwell again. But with several of the guys from last year going racing in 2014 then I won't be surprised to find other priorities get in the way of this. I intend to go & support them at some of their race meetings as well.

Guess I won't know what i'm doing until the Nurburgring date is released, but if my German plans go to shite, then I'd certainly be up for joining you on a 400 trip.
Sorry for the slight hi-jack but i for one will be going up to cadwell for the classic bike TD again, racing or no racing. I really hope we make it an annual thing cus it was bloody brilliant.

+1 It was definitely the highlight of the year.

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n

Post by Speedy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:32 pm

I still hope to cross over the channel with my RVF some day, but for this Summer the ER6 will do!
Going in July though, not in May; from Portsmouth to Santander and that cost £500 return with the cabins.
Will be riding down to Portugal with a stopover in Valladolid at one of Ibis's hotels; decently priced at £35 a night.
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many

Post by micpec » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm

I'll stay tuned to see If there is a plan for this Euro trip to visit countries here nearby. May jump on the nc35 and join a couple of days. And Paul...maybe an option to get the bikes in a Van and drive to couple of destinations / locations and go ride from there..? And on the homebound trip get some mbx back to home ;)
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:36 pm

micpec wrote:I'll stay tuned to see If there is a plan for this Euro trip to visit countries here nearby. May jump on the nc35 and join a couple of days. And Paul...maybe an option to get the bikes in a Van and drive to couple of destinations / locations and go ride from there..? And on the homebound trip get some mbx back to home ;)
Jason, you know the score pal, you find me a nice original MBX or AR80 for the right price and i will be over in the van anyway within 2 - 3 weeks to collect it.
Insert Signature Here

tom4
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tom4 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:48 pm

hello

depending on where you're going, I'd love to meet you, maybe ride a few hours with you.
If you're planning east of France, we had snow last year on May 8th there :)

tom4
my motorcycle and freeride channel, if I were you, I'd subscribe :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/tom4

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:11 am

Paul, did anything firm up with your trip dates?

It is probobly too early for your plans but I still have my bike out here until 11 April and it would be cool to cath up in Southern Germany / Austria if you are passing through. :pray:

Sadly I will be taking the bike back to the UK to go back into storage after that, prior to moving again.

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:39 am

nah - gave up chasing a couple so am booking the boat and going with the mrs in the car instead i think.
I would love a euro run later this year - perhaps a long weekend to the ring or something ?
Insert Signature Here

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 am

Ahh - shame. :(

Never mind - another time then. Hope you make it to the ring and do better than the Legendary "Seven Secon Ring King" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Qxic6qj3E)