Trodena, Italy 09/2013 NC's are welcome

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
zelovski
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30
Trodena, Italy 09/2013 NC's are welcome

Post by zelovski » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

silver1956
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749S,BMW F800S,XBR500
Re: Trodena, Italy 09/2013 NC's are welcome

Post by silver1956 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 am

939 miles from my house on an NC30! Think i might have to pass on this, maybe when i was 40 years younger!
All the best with it,
Dave

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 am

i wondered why i thought it sounded familiar - i have driven past it and stayed in innsbruck just above in austria.
stunning part of the world there and as soon as you get out of italy - the traffic is superb.
Insert Signature Here

vfrman
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, 1098s

Post by vfrman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Sonofabitch!!! Why can't we do this in the spring, before I have to leave Europe. I want to cry.

thunderace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: R6, YZF600R

Post by thunderace » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm

So I shouldn't sign up if I'll be on a Kawasaki or a Yamaha then? :mrgreen: ;)
Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding your limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.

vfrman
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, 1098s

Post by vfrman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't have a street legal NC over here anymore, so IF I were still here I would show up on the fireblade or 1098...

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:37 pm

:drool:
RC30 Club DE Meeting at Trodena, Northern Italy, 13 – 15 Sept 2013

:idea:
Right, I have decided to do a trip from the UK to this event on my NC30! :grin:

To make the journey worthwhile I am going for approx 11 days (say Wed 11 to Sat 21 Sept) and combine it with riding in the Tyrolean Alpine region incorporating as many good biking roads as is feasible. Bit of a bold step to take on a 21 year old bike but these opportunities don’t come around that often. I’m resurrecting this thread in the hope of finding a VFR/RVF riding companion(s) for this unique holiday. 8-) Anyone interested?

Note this is not for the faint hearted, hard-up or anyone with a bad back ;) The journey is best part of 1000miles each way plus riding mileage whilst in the region. Intend to travel light in order to get the most out of the mountain roads on a 400 so will be mix of hotels, pensions or guesthouses, a proper bed is worth it after a full days riding.
Still interested?

If you are, please read on & register your interest asap. Trip is a tad over 3 weeks away and I want to get a couple of the key accommodation booked up within the next week.

Here is a provisional itinerary & rough estimate of cost:

Travel down over 2 long days, stay in Trodena for 3 or 4 nights (Hotel Ludwigshof [event base] is fully booked but there is some alternative accommodation available in the town). Take in the w/e, chill, go with flow, talk bike bollocks, drink, rideout or whatever 8-) Next ride some of Italy and cross into Austria via the Grossglockner Pass staying at Landgasthof Wasserfall in Fusch (B&B twin rooms are available @ £24pppn and 3 course evening meal is £10pp. I have stayed a week there in Feb 2012 – exceptional family run hotel with superb food & wellness). 2 days riding some of Austrian Tyrol, then meandering across the Alps before heading back home. Spoilt for choice on roads/routes, will need to do further research on http://www.BestBikingRoads.com to pick out the must do bits.

Budget estimate is in region of £500 for trip accommodation & food (this includes B&B accommodation and evening meals, with 2 sharing a twin room). This is based on a couple of firm quotes only (but not plucked out of thin air either). Fuel estimate based on 3K miles at UK prices (approx 20 tanks) is £300. Hoping it will actually work out a bit cheaper than this but it will be what it is at the end of the day. Not forgetting Euro tunnel £75 return, some beer/spending money & a new set of tyres.

A bit about me – experienced sports bike rider R1s & VFRs, predominantly in & around Wales/West Country roads, not as fast as some nutters but like to make good progress, definitely not a dawdler or tourer. Did the 400GB Cadwell trackday recently which was awesome (1 in from right on forum banner). Have done an epic journey like this on a sportsbike before, so know what letting myself in for. Keen snowboard freerider in the winter season. Active, not getting any younger, married with one teenage son.

So to recap, sportsbike tour – [read: blast around the Tyrol] :roll:
Go on...you know you want to...

Cheers,
Mike
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh

philfingers
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Type 7

Post by philfingers » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Mike, as much as i'd like to there's no way i'd get this past the wife or the holiday past work. I've yet to mention the 851 forum meet in deepest wales in two weeks time yet, fingers crosssed!
NC30 type 7, mods: Art can, Ohlins shock & RO fork kit

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:16 pm

No worries Phil, I recall you mentioned the 851 milarkey at Cadwell, hope that all goes well.

Any other takers for Italy / Austria trip?
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh

Marco Magalhaes
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:

Post by Marco Magalhaes » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Hello! congratulations for the trip, and for the fantastic bike you have, it was a pleasure talk to you, hope you get home safe, best wishes and ride safe.