classic bike track days

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
rc30rob
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: too many to list
classic bike track days

Post by rc30rob » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Evening folks
as you may know myself and Darin (diffr'nt strokers) set up cbt as we found there wasnt really anywhere we could take out some of the bikes we own with out them mixing it up with £250 Ebay specials .
Well we are doing it again this year with a couple of bigger tracks thrown in ,all are on Fridays ,you know the first day of the weekend and we are hopping folk will be turning up on the thursday night and getting the bbq,s out for a bit of a social (it beats the telly hands down)
anyway we have
Cadwell 27th April
mallory 29th june ,this is the day before the classic racing motorcycle club (crmc ) race weekend so you could make a weekend of it ,stay on and watch some of the best racing you will see .please dont think these are oily old knockers that were ridden by Arthur windsock and his mates in 1913 oh no ,there is an ace mix of classic brit and jap iron out there ,the Triumph and Bsa triples really need to be heard as they sound bugg**i cant describe it but its awsome
and the best is last we have
Donington 3 August ,its a friday and its a noisy day ,yep thats right a noisy friday 8-) .now these days are as rare as an honest politician,they never happen as Donny can not have a noisy day before a race meeting which are always on weekends well this year we havew the only one ,so find some purile excuse for the boss ,slope off on a sicky and join us there
cheers rob
and a big thanks to Paul for letting me post this up .

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Re: classic bike track days

Post by CRM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Pleasure Rob. i am fancying a bit of Donnington on the RVF to be honest.
Insert Signature Here

vr46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: All sorts

Post by vr46 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi,

What age of bike is eligible?

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:48 pm

pre 1995
Insert Signature Here

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Cool, whats the crack with camping? just crash in the pits or is something arranged?

vr46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: All sorts

Post by vr46 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:06 pm

I've not heard of CBT before today, I've just googled classic bike trackdays and found your site.
http://www.classicbiketrackdays.com/

Looks great, think I may just sign up for a day ;)

rc30rob
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by rc30rob » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks Vr46
Being the ham fisted computer monkey i am i forgot to put the link up ,so cheers .
We started last year as we felt there wasnt really anywhere we could take some of the bikes we own as they didnt fit into the modern bike track day events .
Not all of us are track gods either so we felt there was a need for the likes of us to get out on track ,take some of our bikes out with like minded folk with out some 200mph missile up behind you and you feeling like a rolling chicane .
The other idea was that many of the normal days are a bit soulless ,no on really socializes,so we have timed the days so folk can make a long weekend of it ,turn up on thursday ,have a bbq and a natter etc and it shouldnt affect work to much .
At Cadwell last year ,we had practical sportsbike with us (they are with us again this year confirmed today )and we had some stunning specials out on track .The video unfortunatly does not really capture the bikes out there as our photographer is more of a car nut :rol but he's learning .
The bikes in the two stroke session were fairly evenly matched it was more like the first to the chip shop race than a track day ,which every one thought was cool as its a different way of running the day.
There were some excellent four strokes out from classic endurance race bikes ,to a gsxr turbo and two stunning 0w01,s (yep there were 400,s out as well )
The days are usually run slow/novice, two smokes (stink wheels as i call em ) and 4 stokes (Diesels as Darin ,the other half of cbt would refer to them ,cheeky ***) but id depends what books in as to how we run the day .
there is camping at all of the tracks ,though cadwell charge a fiver for the night ,but to be honest for us old duffers it means we can stay awake and its safer if we are there the night before .
i hope that helps
Rob

Bill
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Bill » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:37 pm

ooooohh, id not heard of you either, but this sounds so so tempting, how many placees do you have per group normal track day numbers? i went on a cadwell novice day last year and they were loads and loads and not many a novice i felt a bit intimidated by it as im no rossi, but id love to do it again on my nc30 (if 400's are okay)

and is the pre 1995 thing a definate rule? its not a classic in anyway but my freind has a drz 400 witch is an 2008 but he'd like to do another novice day and this sounds spot on for us both?..

rc30rob
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by rc30rob » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 pm

]First of all im pleased to say the boys from Practical sports bike are out with us again at cadwell to come and see all of you that come out ,to get your lovely faces and bikes in the mag ,this will be i guess their spring trackday .
cool as they are a good bunch of genuine bike nuts
It is a 95 cut off date as we want what we consider modern classics out as well as some older bikes but mixing in 2008 r1,s for example wouldn,t be in the spirit of things.
We run the days a little different to most days but it depends on the bikes that get booked in as to how we tailor the day.
There is always a slower/novice group ,with rolling marshals and you always can grab an instructor for help
hey its free as well ,but hardly anyone asks them ,which is a shame as they very good riders/instructors and are two of seven licenced acu instructors in the country (yep thats all there are 7 of em ).
Then we run a 4 stroke session and a session for two smokes .
The lads on the two stokes love it as the bikes are all usually evenly matched so they get to have a blast with their mates .
There is always camping the night before though Cadwell charge £5.00 (per person ) i know i know but it beats being late in the morning and we always have a bbq and chin wag the night before .
We are waiting to hear back from donington about camping but its never been a problem before (there are free garages at donny to.
Oh yes 400 are more than welcome ,they are perfect for our tracks and personally i think the RVF 400 is a far better bike than the 45 ,infact all of the hondo v4,s are great.
Mind you we have a zxr400 that my other half races and its one of the most stable bikes i have ever ridden (mind you i probably am slower on it than my nan) ,she is one of the marshals and is down to about a minute round mallory on it (the swine)
Anyway i hope that answers any of your questions ,anymore please ask
cheers rob

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Sounds a great day out, lots of 2t's on track at once must smell fantastic.
I dont know if you are getting a deal with the camping but im sure last time i was at Cadders i cost £10 to camp.