Cadwell 3rd and 4th August TD weekend

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Re: Cadwell 3rd and 4th August TD weekend

Post by CRM » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 am

Zippy wrote:Some great shots of You there Paul. I had great fun following you for half a session or so, I was surprised just how quick you were on that CRM. I think I'll add one to my list of bikes I'd like. :grin:
Mate, get one bought.
To be fair i did wonder how much better it would be if i lost 2 - 3 stone.
The extra 3 PSI in the tyres made so much difference to the feel and never slid once after, losing the rear was a bit worrying but when the front went what felt like 3 feet it was a heart stopping moment.

anyway who is this clearly cheating taking short cuts - that's not in the spirit of the event chap.

Insert Signature Here

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 (track) Yam YZ250 (MX)2st

Post by 28hodge » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 am

VFRkieran wrote:A bit of a slow reply but thanks for making it a great weekend, i was great to meet some new faces and catch up with the old. It was probably the most fun ive ever had on a bike and im well and truly hooked, allready thinking of how i can get myself into doing it proper and going racing.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out over the weekend, i was a bit apprehensive seeing as it was my first time out on a proper trackday but after settling in i got down to it and dont think i embarrassed myself too much! :P

I cant get over how much fun i had all weekend and really cant wait untill the next one.
Get it done Kieran, its not hard, you need to sit a CTC course which several trackday organisers now run, its very basic and nobody has ever failed it, clubs also run them at the begining of the race year. once done fill out your acu appliocation form to get a license and take it to your opticians to get an eye test done.

Send the completed ACU form to a race club of your choice with a completed club membership form. the club secretary will sign your acu application form and then its off to the ACU with it and they will prcess it charge you £43 and send you your race licence.

You do not need to do an on track assessment as you have a full road licence.

CTC couse - http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/index. ... nce-course

ACU licence - http://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Docume ... e-Form.pdf

Club membership forms should be easily found on the home page or downloads section of any clubs website. you can choose whichever club is nearest to you or whichever club does the tracks you want to ride.

My nearest is Wirral100 but i wanted to ride more than just Oulton and Anglesey, not that there is anything wrong with either of them, I choose to ride with Bemse as much as i can this season as they get full grids of 400's and race at a variety of tracks.

You need any pointer or help with any of it then drop me a PM.

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:19 am

Oh cock! Where did you get that photo from Paul?
I musta been hankering after my old green laning days :grin:
Last edited by BB_158 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:23 am

BB_158 wrote:Oh cock! Where did you get that photo from Paul?
Lol - if you had asked i could have left the knoblies on the CRM and you could have used that for off roading

http://www.speedbikepics.com/middleweig ... age-1.html
Insert Signature Here

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 am

TDR Rider is thinking "WTF" :grin:

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 am

A few more from the day.

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 (track) Yam YZ250 (MX)2st

Post by 28hodge » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:42 am

few from the day, got some good ones from Xtremephotography but still waiting on him sending the high res ones over

MostyVFR400
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1989 Honda VFR400R NC30

Post by MostyVFR400 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Austin here from Practical Sportsbikes.
Firstly I'm liking the new web page banner. great pic.
Secondly, pleased to hear you all enjoyed the day. We here at PS had a great day too and are still living off the adrenalin.
Roll on next year, where i hope I can join you all on my own NC30... Fingers crossed

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Austin, welcome back fella. was that you on the lovely 21 ? that thing was flying, you passed me on the straight on the inside for the left hander up the hill, it was fun trying to follow your lines and hold on to your tails - until the straight.

Good call with the NC30 - you know it makes sense. i reckon there were a few there that day with eye's suddenly opened to the V4's and looking to buy one soon.
Insert Signature Here

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:06 pm

28hodge wrote:
Get it done Kieran, its not hard, you need to sit a CTC course which several trackday organisers now run, its very basic and nobody has ever failed it, clubs also run them at the begining of the race year. once done fill out your acu appliocation form to get a license and take it to your opticians to get an eye test done.

Send the completed ACU form to a race club of your choice with a completed club membership form. the club secretary will sign your acu application form and then its off to the ACU with it and they will prcess it charge you £43 and send you your race licence.

You do not need to do an on track assessment as you have a full road licence.

CTC couse - http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/index. ... nce-course

ACU licence - http://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Docume ... e-Form.pdf

Club membership forms should be easily found on the home page or downloads section of any clubs website. you can choose whichever club is nearest to you or whichever club does the tracks you want to ride.

My nearest is Wirral100 but i wanted to ride more than just Oulton and Anglesey, not that there is anything wrong with either of them, I choose to ride with Bemse as much as i can this season as they get full grids of 400's and race at a variety of tracks.

You need any pointer or help with any of it then drop me a PM.
Thanks for the info mate, i have a long way to go yet as i have never even bothered to do my drivers license so id need to at least get that done first so i can get a van or trailer! I have had a bit of a look around and bemsee seems to be the best option, theres no way id have the cash to be at every single meet but id do as many as possible!

My ultimate goal is to race the Manx gp on an NC30, ill be getting a few years track racing under my belt first and then see if ive got the balls/cash to do a bit of road racing, but all of this is a long way off yet ill drop you a PM sometime when i get organised.