Nc23 my road race build from frame out diary

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: rs125 , nc23
Re: Nc23 my road race build from frame out diary

Post by Portlandpike » Wed May 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Sorry Vic I only just seen your post, I'm only mirror polishing the swingarm had horrible looking surface corrosion, and because I've had a change of plan and I thought Id mentioned it already lol, but I'm now building a very special day road bike and track bike lol.

I'm gonna try my best to replicated the nc23 TT-f3 hrc bike but a endurence version single head light style, thanks to Yakama I now have a single headlight endurance front fairing and hrc air tray on the way with manuel's to start the hrc build off.
Loads more bits arrived since last post, I now have both mudguards front tyre for the vtr1000 wheel, both handle bars, fuel tank, nc29 rear wheel + carrier, front + rear subframe, right headlight, clutch lever, both front calipers and rear + bracket and ram air scoops started prepping all the bits to be resprayed and the frame is in the shop getting snapped bolts drilled out one side of the right rearset.

I've also cut through the connecting piece on the frame were the air passes through in between the two hole on the outside of front of frame were the air passes through the frame from the snorkel at front of bike, got my friends a air craft engineer to make sure it's strong enough and see he agreed it would be okay so I cut it out then I used body filler to fill up the ram air hole's hollow surrounding's, so I filed It flush it's now a straight through funnel so all the air flows straight in the hrc air tray insted of down the hollow tube in the frame and out the drilled hole under the back of the standard air box. (I think that explains it, I would post pic's but don't have a computer to post them up so everyone can see them, the ones of my phone don't work)

Next up is to source:
• a HRC radiator or failing that get the measurement's and get a fancy copy made up, seen a beautiful radiator made by GMX for a Aprilia rs125 truly gorgeous and will get them to make it.
• VFR gearbox to turn the nc23 gearbox to a close ration one like HRC.
• then a nc29 carb with the HRC kit
• genuine HRC cdi nc23 preferably or a nc29 one a splice in the cdi plug off a nc29 loom to the nc23 loom.
• HRC crankcase breather catch can if I Carnt find a genuine one I'll buy a aftermarket.
• RVF pistons.
• I'm gonna get the flywheel lightened NKracing did my last one for my RS for £35 bargain.
• also getting and fuel tank breather pipe fitted like Yakama's bluefox hrc nc23.
• I'm also going to be making the fairing piece that goes just under headlights surounding the forks so the air get pushed towards radiator and I'm also making a new radiator surround/fairing in fill to push all the air through radiator that doesn't go around the bike like MotoGP bikes.
That's more than enough writing for one night lol

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Portlandpike » Fri May 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Just a quick up date just got fuel tank breather pipe welded on to the tank just waiting on the rollover valve to turn up,

Fitted nearly every part I have here, a part from rear wheel still waiting to spray it (I want to change bearings first).

I have Also been looking up digital temp gauge to try save on the £250 I've seen the hrc temp gauges go for online, thinking maybe a KOSO one and get it so that the sensor can be fitted straight on to the rad I gonna get made up (still had no luck getting ahold of either hrc radiators for the nc23), also been looking at alternative speedo as I don't like idea of the speedo stopping at 120mph, I'm also worried that if I change sprockets I will put off the speedo (don't want point's for thinking I'm doing 30mph and I'm actually going 36mph or worse holding traffic up.

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Portlandpike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi all, long time no update from me so I thought I'd pop up a quick one I'm currently in trhevprocess of paying for a race tuned cylinder head done by cosworth it's had the following done:
Honda CBR 400 NC 23 cylinder head - tuned by Cosworth engineering - inlets and exhausts gas flowed and knife edged. Valve seats re-cut with 3 angle cutter. Combustion chambers optimised. Gave 3-4bhp increase over standard. Done 2 track days and 1 race meeting since done. I will be be getting on with it very soon just gonna say famous words words my rs125 went bang again!!! so I'm rebuilding the whole engine so all my spare money is going into that atmo but I'll be back buy more goodies soon and I'll keep writing my little diary lol