Nc23 my road race build from frame out diary

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: rs125 , nc23

Post by Portlandpike » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi ya all I'm new to this forum and new to 4strokes.

I have almost completed my first build and now it's time to start my next one, I just bought a nc23 frame and swingarm the reg's last three letters are TRY and I didn't realise it til I unboxed it happy days and I've also order the nc29 lower yoke should be here in the next phew days.
My plans so far is to fit the nc35 forks,yokes and get the gfracing cbr600r rear shock and linkage, im gonna get the suspension sorted first.

I am currently on the hunt for nc35 yokes to get the stems swapped over so the yokes fit on the frame then I will source the forks I'll be ordering all the rear shock parts next week.
If any one has any other trick mods they can think of please let me know, the more knowledge the better my build
Many thanks pike
Last edited by Portlandpike on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Nc29 my road race build from frame out diary

Post by Portlandpike » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:39 pm

Change of plan spoke/seen a pic of Graeme Francis's nc29 race bikes and have changed my mind on fork just put a deposit down on a set of full race specs nc23 forks the man himself has build as a spare set the min I get them I'll post up pics hehe

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Portlandpike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 pm

The first pics of the frame I cleaned the frame removing all the grease and dirt in my bath (misses hated it lol) this morning
I've pretty much spent all day filing loads of the casting mark/lines from around my frame, thinking every gram I save will all add up by the end of the build, shame I havnt got scale's to see how much weight I've lost, but I suppose I could just weigh the finished bike and see the final loss.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... a6e997.jpg[/img]
The second photo is of a casting pour mark I havnt cleaned yet.
The third photo is off a cleaned up one for this stage of my frame clean up process.
The last is just showing most of the cast mould lines I've cleaned up you can see the bits I've done they're the shiny past. Theres loads more bits of rough cast I've cleaned all over the frame mainly on the inside, I'll do one more small file the blend it all in I'll finish the rest tomorrow then I'll start on the swingarm. Waiting for yokes to turn up then I'll start on them ready for when forks turn up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Nc23 my road race build from frame out diary

Post by Portlandpike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 pm

Sorry only the last photo uploaded for some reason I'll get the first three up tomorrow

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 pm

None of the photos uploaded

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Portlandpike » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 pm

I'll get the photos up in the morning I've got a phew bits on there's way,
•Vtr1000 front wheel (Rick Oliver said its the lightest weighing straight fit wheel
•Front wheel bearing+seals
•head bearings+seals
•nc23 yoke
•nc23 front axle and spacers
•all the fork brackets and clips
•radiator header bottle
•still waiting on the full race spec forks from Gfracing now I payed rest.
I've started the mirror polish on the swing arm it's ready for the finally buff/polish took me 4 days to get it there. but now I need to remove the linkage bolt first having trouble removing it,so the bolt whole is getting soaked in oil to loosen the nut, and get the snapped off bolts out for the mudguard 2 of the mudguard fitting wholes to get them ready before final polish up.
I'm gonna get the front ready first forks, bars, levers, complete front brake system, wheel and discs.
Then I'll start on everything connected to the swingarm.

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Portlandpike » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Just a pic of a phew bits that turned up today and you can see the grind off of a excess metal/cast on the top yoke

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Portlandpike » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Portlandpike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Portlandpike » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 pm

#1 photo is of all bits delivered today
#2&3 photo is of the side if filed all the waste/pointless metal
#4&5 photo are of the opposite side not done yet
#6 is pic of cleaned casting off the back of the yoke, I'll tidy the whole yoke up after after the rough grinding finish and then polish to match swingarm I've shave 70 gram of one side so far, every little helps lol

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Fella i don't know what's going on with your posts but none of your pictures are working.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....