POLL - If you were a marshall at Jerez....

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.

Who would you have helped out of the gravel trap at Jerez first?

CASEY STONER
29%
VALENTINO ROSSI
71%

Total votes: 34

laurence_13
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: POLL - If you were a marshall at Jerez....

Post by laurence_13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Mr_Fen wrote:
laurence_13 wrote:if you watch the crash again (i just did) stoner picks his bike up even before the marshalls are there, rossis still on the floor. Not being funny, but being human, I'd help Rossi first hands down, purely because he's still on the floor, he has a dodgy shoulder anyway. If it had been the other way round and stoner had taken rossi out then been under his bike on the floor, i'd help stoner first.
I'm sure that Stoner was hurling abuse as he stood watching Rossi pinned under the weight of two bikes. Personally I would be getting my bike up and back into the race ASAP, marshall assistance or not, and from the marshalls point of view (and general medical assistance) you assist the trapped person not the walking around one.
exactly my point :grin:

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2x nc35

Post by mo haggs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:15 pm

i do it quite often at race meetings, it dosn't take any more than 3 to LIFT a bike (black bomber/ rvf / gsxr) into a van.

so why did it take 5-6 to help rossi? his bike is a hell of alot lighter than the bikes i have lifted.
and it only takes 2 to give a bump start.
vic-vtrvfr wrote:they're like rocking horse poo with sprinkles of unicorn horn on top.

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mo haggs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Mr_Fen wrote:
laurence_13 wrote:if you watch the crash again (i just did) stoner picks his bike up even before the marshalls are there, rossis still on the floor. Not being funny, but being human, I'd help Rossi first hands down, purely because he's still on the floor, he has a dodgy shoulder anyway. If it had been the other way round and stoner had taken rossi out then been under his bike on the floor, i'd help stoner first.
I'm sure that Stoner was hurling abuse as he stood watching Rossi pinned under the weight of two bikes. Personally I would be getting my bike up and back into the race ASAP, marshall assistance or not, and from the marshalls point of view (and general medical assistance) you assist the trapped person not the walking around one.
if 2 went to help stoner that would have left 4 to help rossi and thats enough even in a medical point of view
vic-vtrvfr wrote:they're like rocking horse poo with sprinkles of unicorn horn on top.

laurence_13
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by laurence_13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:23 pm

mo haggs wrote:i do it quite often at race meetings, it dosn't take any more than 3 to LIFT a bike (black bomber/ rvf / gsxr) into a van.

so why did it take 5-6 to help rossi? his bike is a hell of alot lighter than the bikes i have lifted.
and it only takes 2 to give a bump start.
Yes I suppose, but if stoners already on his bike and trying to bump start it, what more does he need? bump startings easily done on your own, hell, dad starts a old triton bump starting it up the drive, and that's fookin heavy :smile: So if he's already doing his own thing, the primary objective is surely care, no matter how biased it is, and if rossis broken his leg (i know he didn't) then the bike would need to be lifted off him which would take more than three to do it in a easy and controlled manner to be on the safe side. Can't really justify their actions though as a few were just stood by looking on, and I'm sure we could argue all night, but it aint going to change a thing, in my eyes the marshalls did the right thing, in yours they didn't. Simples. :peace: :grin:

laurence_13
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by laurence_13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 pm

mo haggs wrote:
Mr_Fen wrote:
if 2 went to help stoner that would have left 4 to help rossi and thats enough even in a medical point of view
If your unsure of the situation, you can never have enough medical assistance in my view. If you'd come off and were stuck under a bike, and the marshalls split to help you evenly, but there wasn't enough to provide you the care you needed until the ambulance arrived, you'd be arguing a different case, just take a step back, change the names round to who ever you prefer more, make it the worst case scenario before they realised it wasn't that bad and see if you still think the same.

:rocks:

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Stoner's bike was but stalled
Rossi was still on the floor but (I assume) still running because he was still holding the clutch
If it was only me and that choice was given then I'd help Rossi because bump starting a MotoGP is difficult.

If there's more people there then they should help both of them equally.

However - people like Rossi over Stoner and nobody likes honda.

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mo haggs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 pm

laurence_13 wrote: If you'd come off and were stuck under a bike, and the marshalls split to help you evenly, but there wasn't enough to provide you the care you needed until the ambulance arrived, you'd be arguing a different case:
in this instance i'd say fuck all as it was "me" that caused the pile up.
(and yes thats coming from a racer)
laurence_13 wrote: just take a step back, change the names round.
if it where the other way round id still have the same opinion
i dont like stoner - i'm a big rossi fan.
laurence_13 wrote:make it the worst case scenario before they realised
thats a whole different situation that did not happen and therfore is irrelivent

laurence_13
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by laurence_13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm

mo haggs wrote:
laurence_13 wrote: If you'd come off and were stuck under a bike, and the marshalls split to help you evenly, but there wasn't enough to provide you the care you needed until the ambulance arrived, you'd be arguing a different case:
mo haggs wrote: in this instance i'd say fuck all as it was "me" that caused the pile up.
(and yes thats coming from a racer)
Sorry, but I doubt that.
laurence_13 wrote: just take a step back, change the names round.
mo haggs wrote: if it where the other way round id still have the same opinion
i dont like stoner - i'm a big rossi fan.
Fair enough
laurence_13 wrote:make it the worst case scenario before they realised
mo haggs wrote: thats a whole different situation that did not happen and therfore is irrelivent
no it's not? if you've just seen the crash, no matter who caused it. If you do not know the situation, the marshalls didn't before they got there, they would be thinking the worst, it's inevitable, we're only human.

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mo haggs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 pm

i think we will just have to agree to disagree

Martin
Reactions:
Bike owned: Street Cripple Arghhhh

Post by Martin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Jo can you put another option on the vote please? "Do nothing other than give them a handbag each and watch the bitch fight" would be a suitable option ;) I'd vote for that one :whistle:
Too spensiff!!!