POLL - If you were a marshall at Jerez....

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.

Who would you have helped out of the gravel trap at Jerez first?

CASEY STONER
29%
VALENTINO ROSSI
71%

Total votes: 34

jo
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
POLL - If you were a marshall at Jerez....

Post by jo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:11 pm

who would you have helped out of the gravel trap first?

Martin
Reactions:
Bike owned: Street Cripple Arghhhh
Re: POLL - If you were a marshall at Jerez....

Post by Martin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 pm

I can't stand either of them but using the laws of Jenga It would kinda make sense to remove the bike that's on the top of the pile first......
These guys are supposed to be professional, you would have thought that they might have devided up so there was 3 to each rider but as it is there's 5 helping Rossi and one just stood picking his nose.
Too spensiff!!!

laurence_13
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by laurence_13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Martin wrote:I can't stand either of them but using the laws of Jenga It would kinda make sense to remove the bike that's on the top of the pile first......
These guys are supposed to be professional, you would have thought that they might have devided up so there was 3 to each rider but as it is there's 5 helping Rossi and one just stood picking his nose.
Rossi was under stoners bike though, like i said in the other thread, if there is risk of injury your going to help them first.
Last edited by laurence_13 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2x nc35

Post by mo haggs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Martin wrote:These guys are supposed to be professional, you would have thought that they might have devided up so there was 3 to each rider but as it is there's 5 helping Rossi and one just stood picking his nose.
my point exactly (in other rossi crash thread)
vic-vtrvfr wrote:they're like rocking horse poo with sprinkles of unicorn horn on top.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:58 pm

I would have kicked stonner back over, then stuck a broom handle through lorenzo's front wheel on the next lap :grin:

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mo haggs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:00 pm

laurence_13 wrote:[
Rossi was under stoners bike though, like i said in the other thread, if their is risk of injury your going to help them first.
common sense would suggest that you remove the top bike
then the bottom bike and then help the rider up

this would also reduce risk of further injury as appossed to just trailing the rider out
vic-vtrvfr wrote:they're like rocking horse poo with sprinkles of unicorn horn on top.

laurence_13
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by laurence_13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:04 pm

mo haggs wrote:
laurence_13 wrote:[
Rossi was under stoners bike though, like i said in the other thread, if their is risk of injury your going to help them first.
common sense would suggest that you remove the top bike
then the bottom bike and then help the rider up

this would also reduce risk of further injury as appossed to just trailing the rider out
if you watch the crash again (i just did) stoner picks his bike up even before the marshalls are there, rossis still on the floor. Not being funny, but being human, I'd help Rossi first hands down, purely because he's still on the floor, he has a dodgy shoulder anyway. If it had been the other way round and stoner had taken rossi out then been under his bike on the floor, i'd help stoner first.

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mo haggs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:07 pm

fair enough but tell me this - have you ever lifted a bike into a van?

laurence_13
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by laurence_13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:08 pm

mo haggs wrote:fair enough but tell me this - have you ever lifted a bike into a van?
not on my own, and not lifted, up a ramp. But I've attempted picking one up off the floor, which didn't go too well. :lol:

Mr_Fen
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Mr_Fen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:10 pm

laurence_13 wrote:if you watch the crash again (i just did) stoner picks his bike up even before the marshalls are there, rossis still on the floor. Not being funny, but being human, I'd help Rossi first hands down, purely because he's still on the floor, he has a dodgy shoulder anyway. If it had been the other way round and stoner had taken rossi out then been under his bike on the floor, i'd help stoner first.
I'm sure that Stoner was hurling abuse as he stood watching Rossi pinned under the weight of two bikes. Personally I would be getting my bike up and back into the race ASAP, marshall assistance or not, and from the marshalls point of view (and general medical assistance) you assist the trapped person not the walking around one.