Tripping Around The World, Envy Me But Wish Me Luck

Where posts and threads can be moved to future safe keeping.
simmo
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 road & zxr400 race
Re: Tripping Around The World, Envy Me But Wish Me Luck

Post by simmo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:19 am

just caught up with this, cant believe how bloody fantastic the whole thing is!!!! some fantastic pictures there, top marks fella!!!!! :up:

lemmy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by lemmy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 pm

yes man great pictures,i would love to do this.
when you hit peru you should take in an ayahuasca cerimony,go from a road trip to a head one,lol,that would be some way to look back and reflect on it all,pluss its a one in a liftime opertunity.

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 am

I really got to say sorry that i havent updated this for so long to show you what has been going on. I think the last update i was in utah showing off the amazing canyons. Now i'm in guatemala so it has been too long!

So i left utah and stayed in the intense heat for a fast track to the west coast. I arrived on the gorgeous pacific coast highway and headed down towards l.a and a small place called harmosa beach, to sort me and the bike before friends arrived on their hold for the normal two week sightseeing holiday.

The PCH was gorgeous and i think a great ocean scenic drive.
ImageImage
ImageImage
I saw loads of the above everywhere i went so they are getting a bit of a folloiwing

The bike had been leaking for a while, luckily the place i stayed had private bedroom parking, off with the top end, adjust the valves, clean the piston and back together new gaskets and sealent lovely.
2009 trip best country..... Columbia absoloutely breathtaking

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 am

Then it became chillout time, my mates came out and we done the usual l.a thing of sights, beer and erm hooters.....
ImageImage
ImageImage
oh dear..........
ImageImage
Note how i didnt post me in that picture! those are private and will have a frame at home someday
some cool bars
ImageImageImage

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:38 am

Obviously there was lots of beach time and lots of volleyball practice, i was up obsurdly early/late one morning and thought a picture of the beach and a swim with the dolphins would be nice. Then it adios to my pals
ImageImage
ImageImage

That should have been that, i'd fixed and serviced the bike and had a mini holiday. But i'd made a lot of friends and a room in a house on the beach sounded nice with music and new people to meet evry night. Being english its impolite to say no. So i went to theme park instead
ImageImage

Anyway that was an amazing few weeks and again photos are not for publishing i'm afraid but sittinbg watching the sun go down with a few beers and good music every night was pretty special.

Because i'd been in l.a for so long yet hadnt sent many photos home, my girlfriend phoned to say she might come out for a weeks break. That kicked me into gear and it was on!!

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:45 am

Back to the riding fun at last! Mexican immigration with my spanglish was great fun but after a few hors i cracked it and was in baja. Tijuana was a very quick stop through for food and then out on the road for ensenada where i bumped into an australian plated bmw?? Cool lets see how we tackle baja and then i'm off on the dirt. 48 degrees somedays and my goodness was i drinking the water but wow!! gorgeous place i did alot of heavy trails and met sean at various waypoints where his monster could cope with the gravel.

Again apologies but when i'm having fun i forget to take photos but check out the cactus!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sandy track or sandy track?

ImageImage
ImageImage

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:49 am

I suppose you could expect that after a hard days off roading that in the middle of nowhere you would find a bar with a pool and rooms to let. Mikes sky ranch, only a few bikers that night but after a swim i was ready to sleep anyway.
ImageImage
The following day was more of the same apart from my shock of coming upon a river in the middle of desert. Great pic though and finally, the gorgeous sea of cortes
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:54 am

The next day was just as hot and i admit that on tarmac i had to take my jacket off the humidity was that great. Not clever but less stifled. Found cocos corner, a baja 1000 staging post so stopped to have a look, chat to coco and have a nice cold beer
ImageImage
I met back up with sean and we rode out to a tarmac road and a nice night in a very brightly coloured hostel
ImageImage
Sampled a few margharitas but i'm a beer kind of guy so this my only one. Then i had to book a boat again for another ferry
ImageImage

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 am

The ferry to the mainland was supposedly an 18hour crossing on an old fleapit. So i was greatly cheered by the fact it was only 12 hours, was a brand new boat and both me and the aussie couple travelling in their jeep were mighty happy at the presence of a bar.

The crossing was great, a few beers helped a cosy nights sleep on a bench with my jacket as a pillow. I dont ask for much to be happy. :grin:

Back on the road, and after a few hours i met up with sean and two friends in this homely little town. Naturally i took a tour bought a barrel for both bikes and woke up one night having lost an entire day :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

What is it about people that we have to try every bottle they have??
ImageImage

Graham
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Graham » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:11 am

The road into mexico city was unbeliavable. The traffic was worse than anything in london and not helped by the various stall sellers and goats that appeared in the road as you filtering through. The law seems to be that if theres a gap its first to get into it wins. Saw some horrid crashes and was so focused not helped that i was navigating a new city and it was 5:30pm of all the times to go in.
ImageImage
some amazing sights but i found the city so big you would never see all of it.
Fortunately my plan was to stay in a busy hostel, catch some good music and see some nacho libre wrestling. All checked and the mask certainly helps my look :up:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage