xivlias "other" thread of multiple problems?

Where posts and threads can be moved to future safe keeping.
mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: bikeless
Re: xivlias thread of multiple problems?

Post by mo haggs » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:39 am

For someone who is attending / has attended university, you really are a fucking retard.
vic-vtrvfr wrote:they're like rocking horse poo with sprinkles of unicorn horn on top.

xivlia
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749 D

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:44 am

nah mate im not ^^, youve really got to grow up and act your own bloody age. the carbs were away from rain... they never even got wet for the whole week i kept them there.. like i said on my other thread, the bike had stood outside while i was on holiday. so it must of gotten the water from there, even though it had the tank over it. so like Neo said, the tanks filler is probably not sealing right thus allowing water to get in, and along with the broken fuel tap i had, equals water getting into carbs. simple bit of logic if you put your head to it, but your primitive brain probably couldnt handle that. so instead you decide to write ban and call me a wanker...

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mo haggs » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:11 am

Hang on a min, did you not remove the carbs from the bike last week and fill them with fuel to check if they where leaking? Did you not have the sence to drain them and check the bowls again before testing and refitting them.
Even if you didn't - would you not find it strange that the fluid coming out of your carbs didn't smell like petrol and didn't evaporate when it lay on the table?

As for my primitive brain. It's intelligent enough to buid one of these bikes from nothing but parts.
It's also intelligent enough to know that you are pretty fucking close to the arctic circle (if not in it) and that at night - no matter what the weather - there will be moisture in the atmosphere. for all you know a fox could have pissed in your carbs or someone accidently spill somting over them.

You left your carbs outsite for a week - and you don't know how water could have got in there?
Come on - who are you kidding.

Edit:
Ersan, how about a little research?
Place a cup or a can or somthing like that in the exact spot you put your carbs.
leave it there for a week and see who much water is in it when you come back to it.
vic-vtrvfr wrote:they're like rocking horse poo with sprinkles of unicorn horn on top.

xivlia
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749 D

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:01 am

i had drained my carbs, they were plain dry, i put them on and filled it with fuel, it never leaked. and then i took it to my local garage, and they said the carbs were full of water... i put fuel in them, unless the tank has had a lot of water mixed in. it still smelled like petrol to me.

the moist in the air should be neglected as the bowls are sealed with a gasket. its designed for that shit, if moist was an issue, then it wouldnt matter if the carbs were off the bike or on the bike, either way its outside... if you think about it.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:05 am

No point in arguing how the water may have gotten there.

If you havent drained the tank there is a chance water has gotten into the tank and made its way into the carbs.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Morespeedvicar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fzr400, NC30, CB50J, SS50Z KLR

Post by Morespeedvicar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:57 am

wonder how long it'll be before neo locks this thread? Or will it get to another 100 pages?..................

RandomDan
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by RandomDan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:16 pm

When you went to the petrol station did you use the big green one?
Your sure you didnt confuse it for the one next to the hoover and the tyre pump?
Just saying as it seems like the sort of thing you might have done at this point....

billnit
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Not any more...

Post by billnit » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:34 pm

mo haggs wrote: for all you know a fox could have pissed in your carbs.
Brilliant and LOL... :lol:
1996 Rothmans Rep RVF400 - 1997 Gilera Stalker 50 (soon to be "Malboro'd") - 2007 Honda Civic (manufacturer loyalty!!) - Audi A4 Avant S-line 2.0TDI - 1969 MGB GT

mo haggs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mo haggs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 am

Neosophist wrote:No point in arguing how the water may have gotten there.

If you havent drained the tank there is a chance water has gotten into the tank and made its way into the carbs.
acctually neo with all due respect, i am going to disagree with you (for the first time ;) ).

i think that the water in the carbs is a problem that came from a weeks neglect of the carbs.
the mechanic has got the bike running with a bit of tinkering and put it down to the "new" issue of water in the carbs and stopped looking for anything else therefore missing any other problems with the bike.
either that or the bike was not running through shoddy workmanship on ersans part.

as for the petrol cap, even if it had a bad seal - it would need to be sitting in a monsoon for an hour or three before any water would rise high enough to get over the neck of the filler and this could also ONLY happen if the fuel overflow was blocked.

im not saying its a bad mechanic either, just one who was probb given a max budget of £60 to work to.
after all you get what you pay for.

xivlia wrote:i had drained my carbs, they were plain dry, i put them on and filled it with fuel, it never leaked. and then i took it to my local garage, and they said the carbs were full of water.
so either you filled them with water wich i doubt, or the water got there when they sat outside for a week.
xivlia wrote:the moist in the air should be neglected as the bowls are sealed with a gasket. its designed for that shit, if moist was an issue, then it wouldnt matter if the carbs were off the bike or on the bike, either way its outside... if you think about it.
actually you're wrong, yes the bowls are sealed with a gasket - but the big gaping holes were the velosity stacks are, and were the carbs mount to the motor, ect are all sealed aswell with their verious boots, hoses and airbox.

if you had an open ended pipe with a hole drilled in the middle.
it wouldn't matter if the hole in the middle was sealed with a rubber bung or gasket because the two open ends still expose the pipes innards to the ellaments, fox piss or spillages.

so yes ersan it really DOES matter if the carbs are off the bike.

how's my primitive brain doing for you so far college boy?

vic-vtrvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 x4, VTR1000 Firestorm

Post by vic-vtrvfr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:28 pm

4 pages in, 96 to go...

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: