xivlia's thread of nc30 problems and questions

Where posts and threads can be moved to future safe keeping.
vic-vtrvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 x4, VTR1000 Firestorm
Re: xivlia's thread of nc30 problems and questions

Post by vic-vtrvfr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Ersan, FFS take these guys generous offer & get the bike sorted.
The costs of their help will be well worth it, before some local garage spends days fiddling blindly then smacks you with a huge bill !

philfingers
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Type 7

Post by philfingers » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm heading to Ullapool, next week, unfortunately won't have time to take a look while i'm there, but if you want me to bring the carbs down home after, check, clean (have an ultrasonic tank) and send them back, i'd be happy to. No charge, other than the mail. But I reckon you'd be better getting the whole bike down to someone, as I think the problems are more than just carbs
NC30 type 7, mods: Art can, Ohlins shock & RO fork kit

xivlia
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749 D

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:54 pm

il first get it to the garage, and see what they say, they will diagnose the problem, plus i know the owner of the dealer so they wont rip me off. if its too much to fix then il say no to them and pay them some money for diagnosing the problems, il post the problems on here and then il go from there, to see if anyones willing to come up to fix them.

Man_Named_Dave
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30(K)

Post by Man_Named_Dave » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 pm

They will charge you roughly £40-80 to look at it (1-2 hours' labour) and will probably mis-diagnose it. For that money you could have ThunderAce up to yours and giving you honest help. I know which one I'd choose.

xivlia
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749 D

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 pm

i know but i want to show these guys frist i dont mind paying 40-80 quid. let me get it diagnosed and then il let thunderace know what the problems are and then he can fix it if he comes up, itl save him time diagnosing too.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:00 am

xivlia wrote:il first get it to the garage, and see what they say, they will diagnose the problem, plus i know the owner of the dealer so they wont rip me off. if its too much to fix then il say no to them and pay them some money for diagnosing the problems, il post the problems on here and then il go from there, to see if anyones willing to come up to fix them.
This is the stupidest thing I have heard. I don't think you have any common sense at all, nor have you listened to anything anybody has said.

I have said many times you dont undestand, but I don't think you even realise that to diagnose and test all of your problems is going to take several hours. This is without fixing them.

It might be hard but please try toTHINK about it... If we work on a conservative 30gbp an hour. And around 6 hours for getting the bike setup up, taking off the carbs to check floats will blow a couple of hours, especially on an NC30, then you have your starter cluctch, chasing wiring gremlins can also be a nightmare then it all needs to be reassembled.

Easily 6 hours to investigate the problems you mention properly. This is already 200gbp of labour.

You have had offers of people flying from Italy to come fix your bike.

Now I am not saying anything bad about your local mechanics. A good mechnic should be able to fix most things. However, many of the people on here are not only good mechanics they have works on many many NCs and have lots of experiecne so can fix many problems far quick.

These are the type of people who can rebuild a fully stripped engine blindfloded from a box of bits and tell you exactly where that thin shim fits etc.

But instead you have decided to get a garage to diagnose the problems, not try and fix them and then put the problems on here for somebody else to fix? What happens if they garages diagnosis was wrong? (everyone makes mistakes, ive diagnosed thigns wrong many times) its only when you repair the probelm you reliase it was something else.. somebody might come a long way to fix it.

Why not spend that money getting someone like thunderace or VFRman to come and do both at the same time.. hell you will even have change for beers and food.

Either take it to the garage and let them sort it out or get someone to come up / send the bike to someone for it to be sorted.

Dont do both. your just shooting yourself in the foot even more and wasting everyones time.

Take it to the garage or PM some of the people who have offered you help...
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...