xivlia's thread of nc30 problems and questions

Where posts and threads can be moved to future safe keeping.
xivlia
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749 D
Re: xivlia's thread of nc30 problems and questions

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm

ohright ive had enough, phoned up my local motorbikes garage and got an appointment for next thursday, i told them "get it going" so i hope it doesnt cost tooo much. first they will diagnose the problem, and tell me how much itl cost estimate. so i will decide from then on.

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 pm

You need a large elevated source of fuel to simulate the bike tank, to make sure there is sufficient feed pressure to force any needle & seat leak. But if you have decided to seek garage assistance the leak test method is irrelevant.

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 pm

hmm okay, well il re-test the carbs and see. il try it with a larger source of fuel. at least then itl save the garage from trying to find the carb fault thus saving me money.

vic-vtrvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 x4, VTR1000 Firestorm

Post by vic-vtrvfr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Still think it'd be better to get the bike to someone on here, or pay their expenses to go to you - they know these bikes inside out & can often recognise problems much quicker than a local mechanic.

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:54 pm

yeah i would like to do that, but im not posting my bike because my parents wont let me. and itl cost about 400 quid both ways, got a qoute yesterday and its 200 to deliver... and 200 to deliver back to me.

only option would be if someone came to me, and id give them a place to stay, but i dont think anyone on here wants to come all the way up into the highlands.

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:50 pm

do you not know of any guys in your area that have race/track bikes that could assist you? reason for asking is most of these folk are hands on and know their way about bikes mechanicaly just a thought ?

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:52 pm

nope not really no one here like that, or at least no one that i know of.

thunderace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: R6, YZF600R

Post by thunderace » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:40 pm

I'd be happy to come up if expenses are paid. However, it's a 700 mile round trip so around £130 for fuel alone. I could do it over a weekend, come up on the Friday after work. However, that means only Saturday for getting any parts and it's a gamble finding NC30 stuff on the shelf so in all probability it would end up being done over two separate weekends and doubling the expenses.

Rail would cost around £120 return and flying up around £260. Disadvantage of flying is restriction on tools I could carry.

Have a think about it. I've based prices on Friday 5th Oct to Sunday 7th Oct. I'm on nights then so finish work at 7am Friday morning and don't go back in till 8:30pm Monday, it means I have a longer weekend to sort the bike and I can snooze on the train up :mrgreen:
Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding your limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Do NOT put it in a garage atleast until you have established they know anything about these bikes, your either be lied too or robbed of any remaining cash you have and still not have a bike worth riding.

I've got a lovely nc30 im selling soon, buy that and have a trouble free life ;)

Man_Named_Dave
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30(K)

Post by Man_Named_Dave » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:29 pm

thunderace wrote:I'd be happy to come up if expenses are paid. However, it's a 700 mile round trip so around £130 for fuel alone. I could do it over a weekend, come up on the Friday after work. However, that means only Saturday for getting any parts and it's a gamble finding NC30 stuff on the shelf so in all probability it would end up being done over two separate weekends and doubling the expenses.

Rail would cost around £120 return and flying up around £260. Disadvantage of flying is restriction on tools I could carry.

Have a think about it. I've based prices on Friday 5th Oct to Sunday 7th Oct. I'm on nights then so finish work at 7am Friday morning and don't go back in till 8:30pm Monday, it means I have a longer weekend to sort the bike and I can snooze on the train up :mrgreen:
Do you work Sunday night/Monday morning? If not, there's a Megabus leaving Inverness Sunday evening [1855] to arrive at Preston in the small hours [0210] for £35, or one Sunday at 0700. That would avoid the train line stiffing you on the cost of the 2nd leg, and the journey time is pretty similar at least to Edinburgh and Glasgow.

If I were around that weekend (I've nothing booked at the mo) I could help out and maybe help with a few tools. Ersan's problems are too much for my mechanical sympathies by myself!