xivlia's thread of nc30 problems and questions

Where posts and threads can be moved to future safe keeping.
xivlia
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749 D
Re: fitting a fuel gauge? to an nc30

Post by xivlia » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Neosophist wrote:Have you ever ridden a motorbike before?

When the tank is full it holds 15 litres.

Switch to on it will use upto 13 litres of fuel.. when its running out the bike will start coughing and spluttering.

Switch it to RES and this will give you an extra 2 litres.. this will allow you to do around 30 miles if ridden sensibly and get to a garage :)
is that meant to be an insult :P ofcourse ive ridden a bike before. i used to have a yzf r125. and it had a fuel gauge :P thats why i was asking, cause it would make my life much much easier. im planning on travelling to Turkey next year on this bike. and not knowing when the tank is gonna run out is kind of like playing russion roullete on such a long journey :whistle:

hardnutdvd
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 NC35

Post by hardnutdvd » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:46 pm

iDemonix wrote:Don't you mean left hand side?
yes :oops:

but i could have actually meant right hand side (looking at the bike front on) :whistle:

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:36 am

xivlia wrote:
Neosophist wrote:Have you ever ridden a motorbike before?

When the tank is full it holds 15 litres.

Switch to on it will use upto 13 litres of fuel.. when its running out the bike will start coughing and spluttering.

Switch it to RES and this will give you an extra 2 litres.. this will allow you to do around 30 miles if ridden sensibly and get to a garage :)
is that meant to be an insult :P ofcourse ive ridden a bike before. i used to have a yzf r125. and it had a fuel gauge :P thats why i was asking, cause it would make my life much much easier. im planning on travelling to Turkey next year on this bike. and not knowing when the tank is gonna run out is kind of like playing russion roullete on such a long journey :whistle:
No i'm just generally surprised you don't know about on / off / reserve.

Turkey on an NC? That might be quite uncomfortable.

It's not like playing Russian roulette at all though. If you reset your trip counter when you fill up, keep an eye on on how km/miles it does before it runs out and you have to switch to reserve.

I get around 200km from a tank before I hit reserve and at least another 50km on reserve.

If i've done nearly 200km and i pass a fuel station i'll fill up... but sometimes i do forget and use reserve.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

xivlia
Reactions:
URGENT help needed. valve clearance!!!

Post by xivlia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:51 pm

okay. so i checked my valve clearances..but now i forgot where im suppose to turn the engine to...there is T1 f and T2 f...which one do i set it to, i forgot to look at it before i messed about with it... please help fast :(

lizard821000
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nsr ,cagiva mito , vfr 400 R3L
Re: URGENT help needed. valve clearance!!!

Post by lizard821000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:54 pm

woww,woww, easy fella. if your just checking the clearance then turning the motor over to line the marks up and checking wont effect any timing....not unless youv undone and moved stuff.

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:56 pm

hmm no i havent moved anything..but do i not need to set the timing to a certian point? i just dont know what that point is.. before i turned the timing. i followed haynes manual and turned it to t1 and aligned it with the static point...and now i forgot where it was at before..and it doesnt tell you where it should be thats why im freaking out :D

lizard821000
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by lizard821000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:02 pm

only if you start turning the engine over with belts removed etc, if youv just undon the valve rocker cover and turned the engine over by hand to align the marks to check clearances, youv not changed anything, or are we on diff thinking here!?

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:20 pm

no i just alligned the marks to check the clearances..but dont i have to reverse what ive done? or do i just leave it all alligned?

lizard821000
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by lizard821000 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:22 pm

aligning the marks is just turning the engine over so rockers are at either tdc or bdc. its fine mate.

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 pm

oh. okay so i can just leave it like that and start the bike up without any problems? :D