Jim's CBR4/6 project

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Jim's CBR4/6 project

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:58 pm

So after years of Vfr/Rvf's I decided to buy a Gull-arm.
Some of you may have seen the bike in the classified ads abit back and thanks to an understanding seller and a great friend ( my van once again didn't play ball and let me down ) I'm now in the possession of this 400/600 hibrid!

The bike was bought unseen and partially stripped and has been sat for a fair while so was not pretty. I first thought about completely stripping the bike to make mint but have now decided to get it running, build it up to see how it rides and then see which way I wish to go with it.
If time/money allows maybe even attend Cadwell with it in September.

So after a few evenings in the garage this is how it looks.

Image[/URL
Last edited by reverse cylinder jim on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Jim's CBR4/6 project

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:08 pm

So abit about the bike. It's running the f1 motor so probabily has about 85bhp ish and the engine conversion looks to have been done well. You can see where the original engine mount has been welded up and new one welded in.
I'd say it's a proper 90's throwback as it's covered it red ( now faded to pink ) ali pro bolts, has carbon mud/chain and heal guards and a polished frame and swinger.

It still running an airbox so carburetes well and a large Ali rad to keep it cool. As for suspension it feels firm so presume the front has been modded while the rear is a cbr600 unit although it is low on the rear ( may have its linkage modded ) so may need to lift it at the back.

Out of interest has anyone insured a bike with a different engine fitted? If so can anyone recommend an insurer?

LTP22
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35

Post by LTP22 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 am

Looking forward to seeing the finished result. I would try Bikesure Insurance. I know they’re good for stuff like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:01 pm

I was wondering who was going to end up with this. I was quite tempted myself but as the plan is to clear a few projects out of the garage this year I had to pass.
Good luck with the build and looking forward to seeing it at Cadwell ;)

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 am

Great stuff Jim. I was tempted by that as it was fairly local to me. I've got far too many unfinished projects unfortunately.

Hopefully I'll be up at cadwell to give you some of my own brand of encouragement. 👍
AUTOEXEC.TWAT