vf400f d.o.b.a.r. project

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: vf400f d.o.b.a.r. project

Post by ligurt » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Rearset final setup, the gear shift can be fitted in the reverse way.
rear shock final setup, may be I'll change the spring later. The one fitted is the hardest rs250 I have as a spare and is 7.5 kg. a 8.5 should be ok for the bike and driver (me) weight in accordance with what detected by Rinaldi Suspension. He will balance the fork hydraulics one the bike is finished.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Fitting with accuracy the forks something was going wrong, and this is the reason why...

and these are the tools to fix it...

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:46 pm

The coronavirus is a tragedy here in Bergamo. I guess you don't know what is coming to you. Latest news from math statistics talk of 40000 death at the end of april all over italy. all doctors are occupied and volonteers doctors even 80 years old are making themselves available well knowing that could be fatal at that age. About 750 dead today.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:22 pm

At this stage (considering I have to cut away the vf rear frame around 3 kgs and the Mito rear frame 3,5 kgs to swap with the aluminum Mito 1,5kg) I'm at 138,5 (68,4 rear 70,1 front kgs). Add the fairing, tank, carbon silencer, and gsxr k7 flywheel and I'm figuring going to 149 kgs. Not that bad.

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VF400RK, TRX850 , Bultaco T350

Post by colinf » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Looking good! can't wait to see it finished.Hope you and your family are well.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:52 am

Hi Colin, thank you, yes well at the moment, hope you and your family too. As I wrote to you, now you can see how fast it spreads. There are so many terryfing theories around it that it would be a crime against humanity if they are true even in part. But I guess guilty people will never be sentenced. Yes the bike is really nice from any visual point of view. The Cagiva Mito rear fairing is a master true artwork. It fits perfectly mostly on each bike. You can see here on my old rgv.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:02 am

Well, today I did some weighing. The bike will be 163,8 kgs in pilot and passenger street version, 160,5 kgs solo street, 157,6 kgs dual naked street, 155,9 kgs solo naked street and 152,19 kgs track version. On the track I could save something with carbon front wheel fender, tyga top and bottom yokes, slick tyres and light semplified wirings and titanium bolts all around. I don't think to be possible to go under 150,7 kgs if not spending a big amount of money.
The track version has aluminum hand made petrol tank, no starting motor, no lights, aluminum upper and front stays, No air filter and frp air box, aluminum rear solo frame.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Sun May 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Some more weight saved from the chain cover.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 pm

I was not that satisfied yet, so I did some more works and...

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:11 pm

Covid 19 posticipated shipping of the fairings from China. The delivery date was 15 of june, but they won't be here before september! In addition a couple of fake sites tried to steal me some money forn the nc35 headlights making me loosing time. So I concentrated myself on the rad tubing alloy adapters. Now it's finished. But I can't exactely loccate the radiators till the fairings are here. I'm fitting the vf500 wiring harness to add the fuel pump, of course I shall have to make some works on the fuel petcock. In any case the vf500f allow me to locate many electrical components in the tail section so to create free space where the rear subframe attachements hold to the main frame, letting the rear shock be more visible. I'll soon cut away the vf rear frame. In the final configuration rear subframe will be alloy. I also ordered the chinese plastic cover for the fuel tank planning to build an alloy racing fuel tank. I have made many minor mods that I'll list in the future posting some pictures.