HRC VF400RK TT F3 Replica.

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VF400RK, TRX850 , Bultaco T350
Re: HRC VF400RK TT F3 Replica.

Post by colinf » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Was going to update post last week but lost our broadband connection and had to wait for an engineer to come and sort it out,turns out it was a line problem. Hope to show all the stages in pics soon but at least the clay stage seemed to work and the fine matt has been applied with resin so the whole thing is hard now.It is having filler applied now too and looks much more like it. Did go to the MCN festival the other week and managed to get "Fast Freddie" Spencer to autograph the front mudguard for me.
FastFreddie.jpg
I also visited the Practical Sportsbike magazine stand to look at the 10 finalists for their Special Build of the Year competition and got chatting with Mark Graham and Damian Smith from the editorial team and the subject of specials obviously came up.They wanted to know what the mudguard was for and asked if i had any pictures of the bike.I told them they could see the picture of the HRC bike i was copying. They both liked the look of that and asked if i'd send pictures when it's done, Mark took my number and the bike details and will ring in about a month..........a month!
Better pull my finger out!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Colin I found and bought the HRC manual in japan. I'll post all the info you need about it

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Colinf it seems you only need the front disks...

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:52 pm

That's brilliant, i don't know how you managed to find one.I will update the build progress if i get enough done at the weekend.

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16

Post by Yakama » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:15 am

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks to Ligurt and Yakama for the excellent input.Has anyone used the Buyee site succesfully?
The side on picture of the HRC bike in the link above is like the Holy Grail! I've never seen that pic before ( will have to post that one on here ). Luckily the tail unit i'm doing looks right but the exhaust would've been wrong, i'd have put the end cans symetrically mounted.Thank again for the help.

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16

Post by Yakama » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Use Japamart, never had a problem with them

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Due to another slight "cock up" on my part the bike is now back in the same state it was about a fortnight ago! It turned out the tank i was using was slightly distorted at the lower rear edges where it should blend into the side panels. It was probably only 5mm or so out but it was too wide which affected the line of the seat unit.This meant cutting into the fibreglass which now covered the rear of the tank in order to get it out.I sourced another tank from Holland and had to modify the sides of the seat unit at the front, then re-clay the back of the tank, apply finishing matt with resin and then skim it with body filler.A bit of a pain in the arse but i'd rather correct it than have it not look quite right.As soon as the seat unit has its coat of glaze filler i'll prime it and put all the build photos up stage by stage.Talking of "looking right" i now have an excellent photo of the HRC bike from the HRC manual ( thanks to ligurt and yakama ).I've never seen this pic before so i thought i'd stick it up.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=1151&sid ... b35859fa60
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Because of the Discussion about the HRC manuals ( ligurt got one and yakama found another on a Japanese auction site ) i was looking into the various companies that offer proxy bidding services, while i was searching a related item came up under the title "HRC VF400" .Can't find much info but it's a racing VF400 that a bike dealer has got or is getting.Paintwork isn't very racy but its got the right radiators,a catch tank,racing exhausts and the seat unit.I just hope it stays in Japan, or maybe i should buy it........it would be a lot bloody quicker!
download/file.php?mode=view&id=1152

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:22 pm

A long overdue update for anyone still following the build.The "plug" for the seat unit is done now and i'm fairly happy with how it turned out so i'll post pics of the process in stages.Before i started i had to decide which of the two types of seat units used i was going to copy. Most of the pictures i have of the honeybee bike share the same type as the one on the HRC bike in the brochure shots.There are a couple with cut down fairing that has a more angled or tapered shape at the back,more like the blue bike shown earlier in the thread.I'm going for the former as i prefer it and it's what the HRC bike used anyway.This is the one being held in the photo.
http:download/file.php?mode=view&id=1160&sid ... 0eb6bd925a