HRC VF400RK TT F3 Replica.

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: HRC VF400RK TT F3 Replica.

Post by TURK122 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 am

Interesting project I'm following. Top work so far

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VF400RK, TRX850 , Bultaco T350

Post by colinf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks for the positive comments TURK122 and thanks Pietro for your efforts regarding the Cam info and brakes,your bikes are a credit to you .I'm guessing they were DOBAR influenced?
I haven't given up or anything and i'm sorry things are a bit slow on this at the moment.I'm building an extension to my bikeshed/workshop so have been working on a couple of mate's bikes which are here so i can shift them.A Suzuki GS1100G resto and a BSA A10 chopper.......i quite like the variation but it's taking up quite a bit of time.
As you said Pietro, the front discs look spot on.Could you measure the overall diameter of them and the distance from centre to centre of opposite mounting holes please? If they match the NS400 ones i'd like to take up your offer.The rear one on the Honeybee bike looks like an NS400 rear to me,with the three bolt mounting.Both pictures are of the racer.
RK1.jpg
RK2.jpg
The Yoshi cam info is brilliant,it's the sort of thing i'd hoped to get out of this forum,thanks for that.I love the original Yoshimura box!.......is that a bit sad?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:22 pm

Sorry for the late Colin, the overall diameter is 256mm and opposite mounting holes centre to centre 176mm, yes the box is sad, but the cams are hot! If you haven't seen yet, take a look: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nomatch_mode ... partslist/
About discs I payed 11090 yen for discs, buy service fee, payment handling fee, domestic shipping fee to my address in japan, consumption tax and international shipping, plus 33 euros for the italian custom fees, that is about 128 euros. With shipping to the UK we could easily go to 150 euros. taking in account we are mate on the vf400f working project we could help each other and deal for 100 pounds shipping to Hull included and payment via paypal. (take a look to my ebay feedback seller ligurt)
Hi
Pietro

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks for that Pietro, i'll measure the NS wheel up (fingers crossed!). I've got an option of an NS400 rear wheel from someone on the NS400 forum, who's going the VF1000 rim direction on his, so the rear disc would need to be the three bolt mounting.
Trawling through images on Google i came across this today,which i hadn't seen before.Looks like another HRC kit on the road or possibly the one i posted earlier but painted.
[img]
blueRK.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:32 pm

I apologize can't help on the three bolt discs, but I'll keep an eye on the jap market for you. I'm not an expert on hrc fairing versions, but i could see several there. If i don't go wrong Some weeks ago there was a complete hrc low pass exhaust system. Are you haunting jap sites?
Yes I'm a D.O.B.A.R. fan

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 pm

colin I suppose you have already seen this one.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46366338@ ... ed-public/

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:53 pm

No, i hadn't seen that one before.The rear pipes are interesting!
I took the front wheel of the bike to measure the disc mountings and they're only 166mm centre to centre so i resorted to looking for NS400 ones.There seem to be a couple of styles but one is very close to the drilled pattern on the Honeybee bike.I found a couple on the Classic race replica website but Ian there said he'd recently thrown out the few left because they weren't of re-saleable condition.He also said that the anti-dive forks tend to wear one sides disc more than the other so any they got tended to be the same side ( and the drilled pattern means they are handed L or R ).This got me thinking.....If you look at the list of applications on some of the pattern discs available for the NS they also list the VF500 as well.There are quite a few VF500 ones listed on ebay that have enough meat on them to be skimmed and still be above min thickness.These discs look the same but are solid ( so not handed ), they are also pretty cheap.
I've contacted the NS forum again to see if anyone has changed discs recently and still has the old worn ones so i can use them as a pattern to get the solid ones drilled to match.So i'm getting a couple of VF500 discs and if it works they're cheap enough to get a couple (or more) spares put aside for the future.
Anyone can feel free to tell me drilling discs is a bad idea ( i looked on loads of forums ) but does anyone actually know of any discs failing after being drilled?

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:54 am

Colin I did a mistake in typing, the centre to centre is 166mm indeed.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46366338@ ... ed-public/

colinf
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by colinf » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Ligurt kindly sent me this pic of a seat unit on the Yahoo Japan auction site.From the translation it didn't seem to mention HRC but was listed as VF400F.It certainly looked promising but there are a few things that don't seem quite right.Firstly the shape of the bottom edges are curved where the HRC/Honeybee ones are straight and run parallel to the frame tube from the tank to the swingarm pivot then up to the back of the tail unit,secondly there is no aperture for the fuel tap in the side of the tank and thirdly what is the bulge for? It looks as if it could be for a two stroke exhaust to me......any ideas?[img]
seat%20unit.jpg
[/img]

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 pm