New Arrivals

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
New Arrivals

Post by Zippy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:09 am

Well a couple of Saturdays ago I had not one but two new arrivals enter Chez Zippy.

Firstly was this cheeky little GSX400X, Came with loads of spares as well. Rides ok , but does need the suspension refreshing as it's almost non existent at the moment.

Secondly this came up literally 10 miles up the road at a good price. Apart from a couple of cracks in the fairing it's in fantastic original condition. I'll keep on the lookout for a replacement seat panel but I'm quite tempted to keep it as it is and just ride it. Needed a good clean as the amount of oil and old chain lube on it was incredible.

mwarriner
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: New Arrivals

Post by mwarriner » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi Zippy,

NC30 looks very original. Did I spot correctly that it even has the original fasteners for the screen! Don't see many NC30s with those still intact.

Well done, brilliant find.

Oh, not jealous at all ;)

Best,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:57 pm

You can't help acting on impulse. ;)
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16

Post by Yakama » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm loving that gsx looks very cool

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:51 am

mwarriner wrote:Hi Zippy,

NC30 looks very original. Did I spot correctly that it even has the original fasteners for the screen! Don't see many NC30s with those still intact.

Well done, brilliant find.

Oh, not jealous at all ;)

Best,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely original. It even has the lugs on the seat panels, although one has been repaired. It did have a couple of bodge jobs on it which I've sorted but only very minor issues which took no time to sort.

Bought it as a non runner but I think this was literally down to there being very little fuel in it as when I turned it to reserve it fired up second time after standing for 6 months.
Yakama wrote:I'm loving that gsx looks very cool
It's quite quirky isn't it. Seem to have a thing for these little grey bike oddities. There's very little information around about these though. It did come with an almost complete set of extra bodywork so will have to pull it all out and see what it's like. It does have a nose cone in the right colour as well so will swap that over when I can. Seems to have a complete front and rear end in the boxes too.