RVF400RR & ER-6n

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n
RVF400RR & ER-6n

Post by Speedy » Fri May 13, 2016 8:08 pm

This is long overdue, so here goes.

HONDA RVF400RR
A brief history of how & when I got my RVF:

Bought it on eBay way back in 2003 without seeing it first :roll: ; fortunately it was (and still is) a good one.
Over the last 13 years its only done 2 trackdays and very few miles; it's currently on 30814Kms/19147Mls and it had about 25000Kms when I got it. :whistle:

How it was back then:

Even though it has been off the road since 2007, it's been looked after with oil & filter changes every year, plus other stuff too.

Lots have been changed on it and most is/will be documented on here. There was never a plan to get how it is now, it was always a case of changing bits as I could however, over the past 5 years or so, with inspiration coming from other members on here; I've decided I wanted it to look as close to the 1994 Suzuka RC45 as possible; I started by getting it on a "diet"...

It's not finished; one day it may be, or I just might be finally fed up of just changing bits off it and not actually riding it, so for now this is how it is:

Image Image

Future Plans for it are either a respray of these fairings, or buy ready-painted Tyga or Silhouette stuff in the correct RR colours. A pair of Magtek wheels may be fitted to it too at some point.

Inspirational beauty:

The Mods:
.Enduro style headlight
.Brembo Radial MC
.Hel Brake Lines
.WP Rear Shock
.Rick O Fork Springs
.Rick O Alloy Subframe
.Lithium Ion Battery
.Nui Racing Rearsets
.Yamamoto Pipes & Can
.HRC ECU
.Tyga Carbon Fairings
.Renthal Chain&Sprox 520 14F 38R
.SES Alloy Clipons
.HRC Coolant Reservoir + Custom made support
.Ducati 916 Chainguard
.Silhouette Seat Unit & Mudguard
.Samco Rad Hoses
.Custom Clocks - Acewell Computer/NC29 Tacho with modded face

I'm sure there's more, so I'll update this when I can remember what else was changed.

Some pics of the above:
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Image Image

////////////////////////////////////////// __________________ //////////////////////////////////////

KAWASAKI ER-6n

Purchased new in 2009 and is used a bit more than the RVF, but not by much.
Currently has just under 6000 miles; 2000 of those were completed in Summer 2014 with a trip down to Portugal.
It's totally standard apart from the top box & Rack.
Plans for it? Ride it more, hopefully with another trip over to the European continent and maybe my first pilgramage to the Isle of Man.

Image Image

Last edited by Speedy on Tue May 17, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones
Re: RVF400RR & ER-6n

Post by jim157 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Really nice NC35.
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Sat May 14, 2016 9:46 am

I'm with you on that, regret selling my er6, great all rounder. Liking the dash on the nc35 - how hard was it to wire up? And think there'd be much diff on an nc30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Luv the carbon fairings,,really nice 35!!

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Speedy » Tue May 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Thanks all.

The dash wasn't difficult to wire up, but it was difficult to make. Lots of trial and error to get the carbon plate the right size and shape with all the necessary holes in the right places; the foam wasn't easy either.
As for getting it to work on an NC30, the clocks wiring I've used actually came from one; I wasn't prepared to butcher the OE wiring (which is very similar to the NC30 one), so it was lucky I had that as a spare. It was just a case of using some of the feeds from the unused bulbs of the temp guage really; a live feed is needed for the clock to work, the temp sensor comes with its own wired plug and the tacho uses the same yellow/green wire as always did; both rev counters are fed by the same wire.

The RVF will be going for its MOT next week and come June time it'll be back on the road!!!

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:38 pm

I always liked the look of your RVF400R speedy
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Speedy » Fri May 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Cheers Rhory; I have to say though, your Castrol bike is far tidier than my RVF in fact, I suspect all your bikes are!

Following on what I've said about the dash, here's a comparison photo of what I was hoping to achieve:
My dash is ok (even if it does look a tad DIY); it's kind of "old school" looking, but with some modern functionality.

The Tacho face is a copy of the HRC unit, it was made on Adobe Illustrator and printed onto photo paper; I still have the Vectoring for it somewhere, so if anyone wants a copy of it, do let me know. As to how long the colour will last under the sun, well I'll have to wait and see...

P.s. The Tacho is actually from the NC29.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Cheers Antonio but it looks better online than it really is.

Love the idea of the dash
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....