Project A&E / OCD

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Re: Project A&E / OCD

Post by CRM » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:13 pm

mate cheers for that, i have already explored this option
the problem is the CR250 hub, it uses standard CR sprockets that go down to 38, the problem is any smaller starts to get close with the chain to the sprocket bolts and they were not willing to go smaller for me.
shame really, the 15 front is the cheapest and easiest option but i run the risk of losing my cases if the chain lets go.
Insert Signature Here

Purpletoddy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Purpletoddy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:43 pm

[quote="CRM"]really ? well that would help no end. once i got a reg i could insure them far easier.
i will try that - worst that happens is they get knocked back isnt it.

I know the 01 is deemed the best motor with its powervalve and simplicity, but its the styling i am a sucker for and the 03 onwards just does it for me looks wise. the frame is a work of art.[/quote]

Yeh cant argue with you there the later bike is nice. Apparently the later plastics for on the earlier bikes no problem.

I run the aprillia rs 125 wheels on mine obviously modified to fit. I have fitted the 15t front sprocket and running I think a 42 rear....I'd have to check. I was running 14/42 at cadwell and was topped out 1/2 along start finish straight.

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:22 am

my other 07 was running the 14/38 and even at Anglesey was flat out just over a ton half way up the back straight needed a full close and open again (learnt my mistake with part throttle - all or nothing) and the loop section it just made flat out on each leg before a shift down.

It really was holding its own out there and surprised many a sportsbike.

Obviously it's appeal to me is because it's just different in the sea of MEH and same looking and sounding sportsbikes. anyone can go quick up top, the light weight and simplicity make it a real hoot to ride as you well know Peter, albeit not the fastest or most competitive out there.
But i bet we have the widest grin coming back to the pits
Insert Signature Here

Daz H
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400, RS125, CR125, CBR250

Post by Daz H » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:47 pm

Looks like a proper project that! Nice to see a 2 stroke getting some attention.

I put my CR125 on the road years ago and didn't change the gearing (it was for an enduro) even the 125 could lift the front in 3rd but it was 6th gear very soon after leaving the line.

I bet that is gonna be great around a track!

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:37 am

Well a bit of an update
Both bikes are now fully road legal.
The 03 bike is going to be the developed track bike. Reasons for this are simply because its a bit older and not quite as new looking as the 07. and also it makes quite a bit more power up top too. With the like for like setup, it made 52 at the wheel which is 5bhp more than the 07 series bikes. Also it handles the over rev better which i feel is more suited to being held flat out for any sustained period.

The 07 bike as shown here will get all the bling just as you see it now really, but will stay as is and be used for local road use and playing in the summer locally.

I secured another set of wheels in black which are not as nice as the gold, so coupled with some new tyres i can make 2 nearly identical spec bikes and the 03 will get the custom pipe and custom primaries
Roll on a trackday shakedown test. i can't wait to see how this puppy feels out there.

Will post pics of them both side by side once completed.
Insert Signature Here

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:48 pm

So the 07 bike is now fully built again and sat at the garage door waiting for the rain to fuck off.

The 03 bike needs some finishing like, new tyres, wheel spacers, chain and sprockets, bodykit, loom, head bearings and general fitting of everything up and taking apart, cleaning then final fit up.

Keep me occupied over the xmas break i think. Be nice to get them both out when it finally dries up and get some good pics of them.

Dyno print out of the 03 bike, not bad eh for something that weighs around mid 90's kilos

Insert Signature Here

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Just been out on the road today on this. WOW

Insert Signature Here

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:13 pm

I bet that's some fun! How's it's road manners?
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:16 pm

ha road manners, it has no manners, its uncivilized and down right violent
Insert Signature Here

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Shit the bed mate ive just seen that dyno chart, what does it weigh?

Edit: ill read it properly next time. Thats feather light, must be lively to say the least