Project A&E / OCD

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Re: Project A&E / OCD

Post by CRM » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:11 pm

to put it in perspective
The CRM250AR - weighs around 115 kilos and made 36 at the wheel. No real power band as such just power everywhere and civilised.
The CR250 - weighs sub 100 kilos more like 96 i think, and made low 50's at the wheel. Power is in a narrow band and when in comes on pipe revs so cleanly and the power is far more aggressive than the CRM and for once requires part throttle out of corners unlike the CRM. The lack of weight also means the tyres take far longer to warm up.
The main thing i noticed was on the CRM you were reliant on corner speed and momentum, on the CR you can rely on grunt on corner exit and it punches out of the corner far faster than the CRM and reaches the same kind of top speed way way faster - almost too quickly.
At Anglesey the CRM was flat out only at one part - on the way up to the tight left on the back straight. the CR is doing the same speed 100 yards sooner, and even tops out at 100 mph on the 2 short straight bits too.
In the wet the CRM will have the edge being far softer and easier to tame (remember last time at cadwell and anglesey in the wet ?) where as the CR will be a flighty bastard to control and likely pitch me off and kick me in the face.

Left to do on the 03 is custom primary gears, i really want a 6 speed box to be honest - but 2 grand FFS. Also the fat custom pipe routed like a normal sports bike exhaust, this will release another 5 or more bhp and cater for a bit more top speed and work well with the primaries and custom gearing ratios.

Honestly now, the thought of riding a sports bike on track again just doesn't appeal. this is much more fun, less predictable and commands some respect - yet isnt actually that fast in the real world. It should hopefully allow me to tune my skills without the big BHP and speed.
Insert Signature Here

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:19 pm

Very nice and will be a weapon for sure.

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:10 am

You're a nutter, but I am so looking forward to seeing it at Cadwell if you're still alive by then of course lol

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:47 am

lol thanks Simon

One other thing to add, i forgot to mention the Honda quality. We all know that Honda built things just that little bit better and the finish is good, well this is as good if not better than anything else i have ever seen or worked on.
Its even finished better than the RC30 and stuff just lines up perfectly, the OE bolts are so light, the frame is a work of art as is the engine and all the other bits.
The bike is so simple its un real, you can have it down to a frame and engine within 45 mins
Insert Signature Here

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:59 am

well i got out at the weekend on the 07 bike, took it for a play on the wet roads around llangollen.
between 50 - 65 is the bikes sweet spot, it's almost civilised and can be ridden smoothly and almost easily. pin the throttle in top at 50 and very quickly you are on the limiter and showing 3 figures. the surge of power is relentless its so grunty and sounds fabulous
brakes are excellent but the handling - well on damp roads it was quite nervous and edgy. i couldnt get any heat in the tyre and it span on a number of occasions when under load, between wheeling and spinning and stepping it - it commands some respect. i am sure in the dry summer roads it will be a whole different story.

sadly by the time i got back the bike was disgusting. proper hanging yuk.

The 03 bike now has its final set of clothes fitted - i like the OE colours more than any other aftermarket scheme. what are your thoughts

Insert Signature Here

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:28 am

Oem all the way. Which one are you bringing to Cadwell?
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:50 am

the 2003 will be the quick / expendable bike, the other is the show pony.
I suspect i will bring the RD350N1 along with me too in case the CR decides enough is enough
Insert Signature Here

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:50 pm

How is the suspension on these,
Are they ok stock or is it springs and damping changes.

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:03 pm

rear is just right, the front i reckon is too firm. i prefer the soft squishy feel of the CRM and this is loads lighter again so it all feels a bit hard even with me sat on it.
Insert Signature Here