Nc30 rescue

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,
Re: Nc30 rescue

Post by Tim400GB » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:29 pm

The mount is supposed to have a long rubber section, yours has broken off

It is for when you ride off and have forgotten to put the kick stand up, the rubber will touch the ground first flicking the stand up for you. Rather than the stand hitting the ground potentionally tipping you and the bike off balance.

You've done a nice job on the stand, I'd cut the mount off, it serves no purpose without the rubber

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:35 pm

I've always wondered what it was for! Haha always fun making a left hand turn and getting a bit of a wobble after the side stand hits!

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:46 pm

I thought it was there to push the stand to is fully extended position. With out it there the stand stops just short so the bike rocks backwards when the bike is put on the stand
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

pptom
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Nc23 x 2 and an nc30

Post by pptom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Oh well, too late now, it's painted and fitted!

vfrman
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, 1098s

Post by vfrman » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Not to worry. Just turn the bar to the left after you get the bike on the stand. That shifts the weight of the bike more to the left and helps settle the stand into it's proper position.

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:23 pm

i used a cbr 400 nc29 side stand on mine when i had a longer dog bone as its a bit longer and bolts straight on!!

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:32 pm

pptom
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by pptom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:47 am

The fairings finally arrived, about £310 delivered inc £46 import charges. I sold the old fibreglass fronts, so the new ones actually owe me about £200.
On first inspection they seem 'ok', some paint runs and the cutout for the tail light is a bit wonky.
I added some fibreglass to the tail section to strengthen it up and had to expand the seat mount holes, it lines up with the bolt holes OK.
I also added some glass around the bolt hole on the nose fairing to give it a bit more strength.

Just waiting for the spacers which go on the lower fairings, but I can already see that with the spacer holes lined up, the upper rear hole does not, in fact it miles out, even with the brackets loosened off.
Added some dzus fasteners to the bottom / mid mounts and they fit together OK, but typically the mid / nose fixing needs some work, not decided how I'm going to do it yet, I might glass a panel on the inside and bolt them together. Even if the panels lined up correctly, the plastic fixings are crap and will let go.
You can clearly see these were moulds off some original fairings, on the casting there is evidence of the original dzus receiving brackets and rivets which hadn't been removed on the original:

Work in progress

pptom
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by pptom » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Getting there slowly but surely.
Managed to find a screen, i was looking around and stumbled on a badly listed double bubble on the m&p website for £15, the next day it had gone up to £40, fair enough they honoured it, but made me wait 3 weeks for delivery, i couldn't really complain.
Just fitted it with some new rubber well nuts, i had to drill all the screen holes out to 10mm which i was a bit worried about but its nice and thick so had no issues.
The fairings are getting closer, mostly lining up now all bar the holes at the top rear of the side panels, these are about an inch away from the brackets, so i need to make a little offset piece out of ally, no issue.
Got the holes cut out of the vee piece, just need to glass in some mesh and work on fitting that.

TZcRank
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by TZcRank » Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 am

Awesome build and attention to detail. Got a few ideas from this thread!