Racing photos NC30 pre-2000

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
mwarriner
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Racing photos NC30 pre-2000

Post by mwarriner » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi All,

I threatened to upload some photos of my racing in the late 90's on an NC30. Well here are a few of them. The fairing-less photo was taken in the back garden and one of the graphics guys at work got rid of the grass and the fence.

I will provide some technical detail but as a starter....

home-made rear subframe - love that end can hanger!
running total loss (wish we had li-po batteries back then)!
Maxton front fork internals and rear shock
dropped forks in yokes (ended up being much more dropped than in the fairing-less photo)
modified (sawn-off) front mudguard (don't ask why)
17" rear (Maxton shock was ordered with extra length to compensate)

I can't really remember what went on with the carbs and airbox. I think (but can't be sure that it was running a standard top box with an under tray modification. John Harris (used to look after Joey's TT prodie 600s at the time) managed to source some different stacks and needles and I let him prep the engine and carbs so I am not 100% confident what went on in that area of the bike.

Anyway here are a few photos. These were taken at Oulton and Mallory (oh and my back garden)!

I will update this thread with some racing stories and anything else that I can dig out of the racing archive!

Mike.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: Racing photos NC30 pre-2000

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Nice pics Mike. You were very "on it" in some of those pics!

Living the dream eh? Do you ever get over not racing? my last race was 2010. The time has flown by and I miss it terribly.

What classes did you run?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

mwarriner
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mwarriner » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Many thanks. Back then I took my racing far too seriously! I ran in the Super Sport 400 Championship. I did a few Formula 400 races but personally found the SS had more pace and tougher racing (so for me the SS was more enjoyable). Mind you the split 600/400 grids in Formula were great fun especially when you catch the 600 back markers ;)

I have great memories and until senility creeps in that is fine for me. After racing I managed to find other careers that were equally challenging and rewarding in their own way.....like being a lawyer....hang on....that's not right....pants, how did that happen?

Anyway, just officially started my mid-life crisis so am going to restore a couple of road NC30s and get a 600 race bike for some test days and track days - no racing as weekends = wife and kids.

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 (track) Yam YZ250 (MX)2st

Post by 28hodge » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Well that's a fantastic race number!!

Those pics are great, can you remember any of your PB's round the various tracks you raced at?

What clubs did you race with?

I race with Bemsee in the F400 so if you ever want to come have a watch let me know and i'll sort you some tickets. Next round for me is at Brands Hatch GP in early August.

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Nice photos there mate, where the grids mostly made up of ZXR's back then too or was it a bit more varied? Do you have a road bike at the moment? Would be cool to chat all things racing if your ever down the H cafe on bike night.

backmarker51
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by backmarker51 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Not so quick reply ! hi Mike, i remember us racing the Honda V4s back then !
yes i still have mine as well !
Darren