My NC30 Build

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
vic-vtrvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 x4, VTR1000 Firestorm
My NC30 Build

Post by vic-vtrvfr » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:36 am

Hey guys

Decided I'd try to redo some info about my NC30 build (old was was lost in the members thread as I didn't keep it up to date).
Be patient with me as it'll take a little time to upload the mountain of pics!
If you want a look at the bike in meantime, please see this months page of the 400GreyBike calender :)

So I bought the bike in its original state approx 3 years ago. It was on the West coast of Ireland, in a spot that made Craggy Island look like Vegas.
It hadn't run in a while, had stood for even longer. Had a k-conversion bodykit and a nasty paintjob, but I reckoned it had potential.

Got it home and started to pull it apart. Found all manor of bodges in there and realised it was gonna be more work than I thought.
This was the reg/rec!

That tank went straight to the skip, was a plastic copy and completely fooked.
Sourced and fitted a replacement, then started the usual service, carb rebuild etc. Had no experience with these bikes so trusty Haynes manual and Cammo's guide kept me right.

The bike was originally on an Irish reg, ended up finding a replacement frame with V5 from forum regular Riley which was cheaper than re-registering. Just happened to be powder coated black which I liked.

Started to buy parts at this stage, had a plan in mind. Got some Tyga rearsets and also an RVF front end, also found another tank.

Later decided that the RVF front wasn't for me, so it went to a new home.

Wifey suggested at this point that I had amassed too many spare & should sort it out.
Perhaps not what she meant, I started building a second bike lol
This slowed progress down on #1 but made sense in my head.

After meeting up with some local 400 enthusiasts, I decided to ditch the k-con bodywork etc and return the bike to OEM spec if possible. And so the hunt for parts began.....