Skinnydogs new NC35 race bike

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
skinnydog0_0
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Penny Farthing
Skinnydogs new NC35 race bike

Post by skinnydog0_0 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:10 pm

After trying my hand at racing an R6 i have decided i am too old, fat, unfit and disabled to race an R6 against a load of young lads with no fear and massive balls :lol:
So i have started to build an NC35 race bike.
(I also have a nice trick NC30 bike for the road to get "bike fit" as i dont get to go to track as often as i would like)

I had a few bits left over from my last 35 race bike so decided to start afreash and build one from scratch.

The engine is from a guy i met at Pembrey - this was a spare race engine he had for his bike it has done around 10k miles and has the following,
Runs total loss
Quietning gears removed
Shims done
Oil pressure valve removed

I plan on tuning the heads over the winter once i have made sure the engine is good.

Frame/suspension

NC35 frame
Triumph 675 maxton worked forks
Maxton fully adjustable rear shock
675 radial calipers

vfr750 rear wheel conversion

I have a MHP twinstack that i plan to use, or i have a mild steel 3/4 HRC copy exhaust too. But it depends on the power output as to which i use. I need to be under 64bhp for Bemsee.

I am going to spend next season getting the bike right for me, and will probably get a race subframe and some other nice bits once i have decided whats the most important.

Her are some pics so far.

NC30 carbs with HRC kit, and HRC slides (rounded bottom and twin hole)

and the donor bike;

An NC is for life, not just for Christmas!

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125
Re: Skinnydogs new NC35 race bike

Post by VFRkieran » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Looking good mate, hopefully next season I will be out for a few rounds with bemsee too now the bike is actually ready. Quick one about the HRC carbs, do you find it hard to fit them with the top plate cut away like that? And does it give much of an advantage over just drilling it as per the HRC manual?

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 (track) Yam YZ250 (MX)2st

Post by 28hodge » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:06 am

Nice, buy them forks off motofprum, nearly bought them but couldn't as had to wait for the house sale/purchase to go through so couldn't spare the cash.

I run ported heads full micron system and hrc carbs and I'm safe as houses on the bemsee dyno, it's a dynapro dyno that they use and it's stingy, 68 ish elsewhere will still be sub64 on the bemsee dyno so I think you will be fine with the twin stack full system hrc carbs etc

skinnydog0_0
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by skinnydog0_0 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 am

Cheers guys,

Yes they may be a bit tricky to fit, but i have used the 35 carb rubbers as they make it easier to get the carbs on.
I also have a spare top plate so will use this as a sort of die to help get them on. I normally use a small smear of 2t oil on the rubbers too to aid slippage :grin:

Yes got the forks from a guy in IOM, i spotted them on Ebay but they may well be the ones from motoforum. I cant wait to get out and try it should be sweet :peace:
Sounds like i can add quite a few horses and be safe. i'll see how it feels once i have had a go and get it dyno'd and take it from there.

Cheers

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:36 am

My bike is going to be asthmatic compared to your lot...no chance I am going to be farting about with HRC kits and all that.

I'll have to grow my balls...

So, Bemsee for everyone next year is it?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

skinnydog0_0
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by skinnydog0_0 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:51 am

Yes I'm planning on doing a few with bemsee and a couple with othes at my local track to limit the costs.
We should have plenty of spares between us if any mishaps do occur (fingers crossed we won't need them)

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:07 pm

I'll hopefully be doing 2 with bemsee and 2 with NG, thruxton and castle Combe are less than 50 miles from home so makes sense to do a few with them.

I'll be having a play with HRC carbs but if I can't get her running well the uk carbs will go back on. Would be cool if we get a load of us at the same round.

skinnydog0_0
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by skinnydog0_0 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Yes i Love Thruxton, its as scary as a night in the woods with gary glitter, but boy its a rush!!!
I will do my best to get to thruxton as its one a friend does and its really to good to catch up with him.
Run the HRC Keiran if they work every pony is a bonus against the ZXR's :grin:

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Yea ive heard nothing but good things about thruxton, its no fun unless you get a little bit scared so ill make that one a priority :P

Ill get the last few bits I need bought over winter and set them up, got a good base setting to use so hopefully I wont be too far out.

benny
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 (track), ZX-9R (road)

Post by benny » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Good to see. I think the carb work will be next on the list for me after the bike is set up as it is and the rookie school is done
BRS Racing for up to date bike build and race results.
TT Zero for the electric Superbike build.
DM104 for the road race team.