Being led by the heart

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1990 nc30
Re: Being led by the heart

Post by carpman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:07 am

Got my sumps and bolts back from sandblasters yesterday they have a nice and new sort off sheen now.
As promised heres a few pics.Image
ImageImage :grin:

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:56 am

I managed to get a little bit done over the weekend, the loom was cleaned and re-wrapped then fitted back to frame very carefully. Exhausts were almost wrapped (I ran out of wrapping)the first pipe I did with a dry bandage a few weeks ago to see how easy it was and what the finish would look like, to start with I did it dry but I finished off doing it wet and wet was far easier also helped with the itching from the fibre glass, my hands were hurt from keeping the presure on bandage while trying to wrap and support exhauts all at the same time (they hurt even more when I did it dry). I dont know if this can be done with exhausts fitted.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:42 am

Good progress.

I hope the inside of the sump wasn't sand blasted.
It gets into the grain of ally.

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Timon wrote:Good progress.

I hope the inside of the sump wasn't sand blasted.
It gets into the grain of ally.
In answer to you hopes; I asked him not to blast the inside and he replied no I will just degrease and clean + I'm not sure but I believe the sumps were aqua blasted so either way inside is clean.

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:34 pm

News flash: Ordered new rads on Weds from Gf Racing (awaiting there arrival). Exhaust wrap arrived from ebay. Exhaust wrapping now finished thank god :pray: no more itching, exhaust refitted and it was a tight fit with the new fleshly welded collars. Please dont mention wheel colour (I know :down: ) its just tough, my own fault for not seeing the colour in person first and choosing over the phone.
ImageImage

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:38 pm

I NEED A FAN & MOTOR ASAP :!: , if anyone's got or know's where there is one :?: please let me know :pray:

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:47 pm

I had good news/fortune today a member on here (gavins) came to my rescue and has sold me a fan, now when the rest of my parts arrive (i was told the end of this week by the powder coater) I will be able to get the rest of the mechanics back together. I'll have to save for the spray job though...

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:10 pm

I got Gavins fan this eevning and decided I would replace the plug with mine as it was in better condition, in might haste / excitement i forgot to note the wire locations or photograph the plug :oops: Need some help, can someone/anyone take a photo of there fan motor plug and with wire location, or just tell me wire colour locations please.

Mike149
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Mike149 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Lovely! I'm in anticipation here.

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Blimey its been a month already since last update progress has been slow. Waiting on parts is a killer, then of course we have our daily jobs to do...
Right whats been happening I got my rads from GF both looked ok, had a few issues with the top rad unfortunatley this is now no its way back to GF so i had to clean my old 1 as best as pos then give it a lick of paint looks ok now.

I had to contact my powder coater again about the brackets and stuff again been told next week (I eventually got them 2 weeks after the original expected time :( ) the other stuff that I returned from the first batch came back at the same time and looked better

cleaned up Gavins fan and painted it then that was mounted inside my mount that had been PC'ed, replaced the plug with the one of mine which was in better condition

Now that I have all my engine casings back I feel that im nearing the end and so be able to start the bike again to check every thing is in the right place and working properly
ImageImage
ImageImage

Heres a few extra pics.
ImageImageImage