Zippy's 2014 Trackday, 2015 Race Bike

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Zippy's 2014 Trackday, 2015 Race Bike

Post by Zippy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Well on the spur of the moment and with having too much money in the bank at the time I bought this off eBay for not too much money.

This is how it looked in the ebay ad's. This isn't me by the way it's the previous owner. All the bodywork will be painted in team colours (yet to be determined). It's amazing how I've gone from not wanting to buy a track bike to buying a track bike to deciding I'm going to race next year. :grin:

I bought it as a non runner so knew it wasn't going to fire up straight away. The previous owner said it had an issue with the rear coils so that was our first port of call this morning when we began the strip. Soon realised it was going to be a pain in the arse to start it as it's not sporting a starter motor. We gave up on trying to start it and moved unto switching the standard rear shock for a nice Maxton with RVF linkage which was originally slated to go in the OKI bike.

Tony noticed the radiators were connected up strangely. The radiators will be replaced at some point with some Chinese rads with hoses. The bike isn't running a rad fan so I could do with as much cooling as possible.

Also noticed it had a nice Two Brothers pipe on it hidden under a horrible layer of paint. We took this off and I've begun to strip off the paint and I'll give the pipe a bit of a polish.

Front end has been stripped off and the forks are getting the Rick O treatment, another upgrade the OKI has missed out on for the time being. Bike needs to be ready for a race school in Feb so this will be a runner quite soon but I expect there will be upgrades applied through out the season.
Last edited by Zippy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

james66
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
Reactions:
Re: Zippy's 2014 Race Bike

Post by james66 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi mate
I saw it on ebay on the listing a few months ago when previous buyer bought it
I must say it looks better partially stripped but like you say that will all change :)

Not sure if tony showed you the old ebay listing but by all accounts it was fairly well looked after

Keep up the build thread, ill get mine started soon ready for next season
Grab my number off tony + drop me a message, ive got a fair few bits coming available soon which i think you will like
2013 Bemsee EDIasia F400 Sub64 Champion :)

NC30 + NC35 RS250 HRC aluminium rear axle group buy
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=45065&start=10

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Have you got a link to the old eBay ad. I tried to find it but couldn't.

I'll pm you my number.

james66
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
Reactions:

Post by james66 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Well at least I know it is a Two Brothers pipe for sure. I looked at Paul's and it was the same, just not so shiny lol.

I want to pop the starter motor back on hence my wanted ad.

james66
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
Reactions:

Post by james66 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Ive spoken to tony + im pretty sure ive got the bits, starter, idler + shaft, could use your kill switch + solenoid Just a decent bit of cable from most car stores, not halfrauds
is your starter clutch complete or modified to remove the clutch side of it + gear?

james66
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
NOT TO BE TRUSTED
Reactions:

Post by james66 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Oh + your rads have been plumbed in to replicate the hrc setup, not exactly but on the basis that it flows water from the pump + right through the entire rads + back to thermostat rather than the top rad going to the stat + bottom rad both sides so would have better cooling, however if joining pipes like yours it should have been done using proper pipe joiners rather than pipes over another pipe as can pop off

The chinese ally rads are good, ive run them all season + hasnt gone over 80 degrees at all, they are bit thin ally but are awesome for the money

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 am

Looking promising mate, is that a nice little oil cooler in the nose too or are those braided hoses for something else?

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:55 am

it's running a nice little oil cooler in the nose.

I think the starter motor clutch has been completely removed. I'll check with Tony.

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Well done Si!
When you mentioned in another thread that you'd picked up a race bike, I just knew it was going to be this one as it wasn't far from you. I was looking at this bike and dreamin, but if I got another I think the mrs would leave me ;)

Seems everyone is going racing next year then... :mrgreen: Will deffo come and watch you guys especially meetings at Oulton & Donni.

Wish u all the luck with it m8.
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh