My half arsed F400 nc30

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: My half arsed F400 nc30

Post by Zippy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:06 pm

I thought he'd been banned from racing after his little wanking misdoneanor?

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:58 pm

Glad to hear your healing up and I hope you keep the forum updated with the bike rebuild
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

alexwitham
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 675R, GSXR6, NC30

Post by alexwitham » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:16 am

Crash video is not cool and utter shocking riding. Is the culprit a guy on this forum, as you elluded?

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 (track) Yam YZ250 (MX)2st

Post by 28hodge » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:54 am

Right,

I've done sod all on the bike since getting healed up, I've been busy building and extension and welding a mini back together, to be honest knowing that I wasn't going to be able to ride/race the bike till 2017 I didn't have a lot of rush to do much to it.

I'd bought all the fairings and have most parts that were damaged in my crash spares box, the main issue was the bent micron exhaust as I can't just go and buy a replacement easily. So I I sent it off the mhp, took a bit of getting hold of him but he seemed to think he'd be able to fix it no problems.

So happy days right, no! MHP unfortunately had a fire at their premises so had to move and this has delayed the pipe, I rang him yesterday and he's gonna get it sorted next week.

The f400's are not doing round 1 this year in March so our first round is Apr at cadwell. I'm not 100% I can make it what with other life events getting in the way, but if I do I'm gonna go ride round enjoy myself and ignore all times and positions.

I'll be able to sort the bike in a good solid weekend so will stick some pictures up in the next couple weeks of the bike back together.

scotjell
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30x2

Post by scotjell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Well lucky you my bike was in the fire been up there a year. Was there between Xmas and NY got it running as it had been sat for 9 months week later gets a message from Switzerland saying about the fire. Thought ok let Marcus get back on his feet etc but still no idea on what damage or bike looks like

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 28hodge » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Shit that's not good!

I thought the same, got a txt asking to confirm details etc after the fire so thought I'd leave them to get sorted, so hadn't chased them till last week.

Hope the bike is relatively ok.

Tuckshop1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR3TJ/ZXR400 H/NC29/ZXR400 L

Post by Tuckshop1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Just spent a good hour at work reading this thread, bloody good thread man and always good to read a fellow racers accounts.

Such a shame about the crash as well it didn't look nice at all. I'm hoping to pop along to 1 or 2 Bemsee rounds this year if funds allow it but with a career change on the cards a step back may be more likely. If i see your bike at any rounds i'll pop in the garage with a beer.

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 28hodge » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi tuckshop,

Yeah by all means come and give us a shout if you spot us. I'll be back with bemsee again this year but not a full season as I'll have to miss an odd round to get the metal work taken out of my leg.

Glad it gave you something to entertain yourself with at work.

Let me know if you get entered into a bemsee round and if you need any help advice I'll do my best (tho I tend to make it up as I go along anyway)

Tuckshop1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR3TJ/ZXR400 H/NC29/ZXR400 L

Post by Tuckshop1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Yeah i'll give you a shout mate. My main club is NGRRC, going into my second year racing.

The grid for Bemsee 400 wise looks a lot stronger than NG so i'll definitely pop to a round to see how i fair against the big boys haha.

All the best dude.

28hodge
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 28hodge » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Soooooooooooooo, Cadwell park, didn't happen mostly because I was flat out with other things, my dad sold his house but not all the other buildings so I had to help move and sort 25years worth of stuff. Add that to a few jobs the van needed for an mot and it was going to be rushed, not ideal for my first ride since crashing. Also Cadwell isn't an ideal track to return too.

Silverstone is flat dull and boring, so ideal for me to go wobble round. I should do a Trackday first but can't be arsed so I've booked onto the full Friday test day.

The. Ike looked like this at dono

Came back looking like this

And now looks like this

It looks pretty good from 10yards but isn't that good up close, lesson learnt from last year, sod painting a bike really well again.

So it's 90% ready I'm like 20% ready, I've still got all the metal in my leg and the last time I sat on a bike a year ago to the day when I was knocked off going into redgate at dono. Also the bike was fuelling like shit last time out at dono so still need to sort that.

But fuck it I'm excited to be going racing again at the end of the month.