Juggernauts labour of love NC30

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
vfrman
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, 1098s
Re: Juggernauts labour of love NC30

Post by vfrman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:59 pm

You used o-ring grease? I thought brake fluid was the proper lubricant for these. What happens when the brake fluid meets the ring grease?

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: LUKE@YORK on the old site!

Post by juggernaut » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:08 pm

I watched a video on you tube and you grease the prints with the red grease, didn't think anything more of it fella

Ninja edit..... My mates a triumph mechanic an he says its fine

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 pm

May of bought a low mileage L reg RVF.... Maybe transferring everything over to the RVF from the VFR!

Maybe make the vfr in to a nice little track bike, and the RVF in to a pukka sexy road bike

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 am

So it's sunny and thought I'd get started again lol

I did indeed find a cheap reasonably low mileage early RVF, so I've started putting the good stuff from the vfr over on to it.

The vfr is still a work in progress and has the B1H front end fitted! Just need to put some deent bodywork on her and a new front tyre and she's ready for the summer... Pics up shortly.

The rvf has got new oil, coolant, plugs, K &N filter,Ti wheel nut, carbon can hanger, tyga rearsets, carbon heal gaurds, carbon chain guard, stainless rear hosesa cbr600rr3 rear shock in great condition, will be getting a new heavier front spring when funds allow and is wearing the tyga carbon bodywork (minus the upper), I've also rebuilt the brakes, seals, fluid, new HH pads, stainless hoses, A4 stainless fasteners and carbon res bracket! On top of the new ally rads fitted along with red samco hoses off the vfr.

Wheels are out and need hrc'ing gold when funds allow and new tyres needed for em, then other than a new can and a little welding to the system it'll again be on the road.

Weirdly I've not touched either in months but when I look at them now they are about £500 off being back on the road lol

Pics soon

alexwitham
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 675R, GSXR6, NC30

Post by alexwitham » Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 am

May I ask why you took all the bits off your NC30 and put then on the NC35?

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Tue May 07, 2013 9:43 am

Yeah, when I picked up the vfr last year it was because I couldn't find a cheap enough rvf, I got the rvf for £1200 so figured I could swap the good parts over from the vfr to the rvf and still actually have a very trick vfr because of the black powder lates frame/swingarm etc and the ZX6R B1H front end

Cut a long story short I've always wanted a trick rvf,the one like tyga have on their website with all the carbon gubins on it, im close to Ticking that bix now lol just need to pull the K7 flywheel out of the vfr and fit to the rvf and get the upper from tyga then I can throw on the rvf hrc spec carbs and go out and ride it at last. Posh mag wheels are out of the question for me financially tho :0(

Oh and I need a nice tyga system but money just doesn't permit right now.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:37 am

And work starts again!

Tyga finally started making the carbon uppers and I jumped straight on it before they stopped making them for another two year!

My order should be here in a two to three weeks, I've ordered what I believe will be the finishing touches to the RVF bodywork wise :0) for now anyway lol

I've waiting for the postman to deliver a Tyga RVF carbon upper with only one headlight cut out like the RC45 endurance bikes, carbon fake ram air tubes, carbon front tank shroud along with his I've got a nice new clear standard screen to set it off nicely :0)

I've also acquired in a trade with reverse cylinder Jim a nice Yamamoto stainless half system which I have an oval stainless tyga can for it with carbon hanger :o)

I've also got if James a very nice Brembo 19mm master cylinder which I'm planning on using with the newly rebuilt standard breaks with EBC HH pads and stainless goodridge hoses.... Until I find another set of gold SP1 calipers to refurb.

I'm going to get the tank, which is currently smoking joes yellow lol sprayed Matt black for that stealth/winter test bike look, I'm not a fan of the carbon shroud tyga offer, once the tanks sorted I'll be fitting the Other RVF carbs I've got with the HRC bits fitted.

Things have moved along nicely this last few weeks after a long holiday from tinkering, fingers crossed it'll be ready for the summer!

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Mon May 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Upper

Gonna get te tank painted Matt black with standard gloss
Honda wings

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many

Post by micpec » Mon May 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Did you cut the front headlight unit in half or is it still in one piece and is just the other non-visible part behind the carbon front top?
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Mon May 12, 2014 10:01 pm

I cut the lens part out of it and taped it up as it gets in the way mate. You need the rest of the head light unit to fix it securely in to the upper fairing