Juggernauts labour of love NC30

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: LUKE@YORK on the old site!
Re: Juggernauts labour of love NC30

Post by juggernaut » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Started to refurb the SP1 calipers, new seals and red oring grease should be here tomorrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Ally rads, refurbed/fresh seals fitted and red samco hoses...... Blue is so last year ;0)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Hmmmm my project just got a bit more interesting!

I will have the radial callipers, axle, front wheel, mudgaurd bracket and a zxr400L complete yokes by the middle of next week!

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Just managed to get the ally rads and red samco hoses fitted, pic below including the fitted gsxr genny conversion!

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:55 pm

For those interested in what you get in a RO fork conversion kit, upper and lower races, lower dust seal and spacer, upper cnc spacer.

All parts fitted perfectly.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 pm

A set of zxr400L yokes, upside downies zx636r b1h forks, radial callipers from the same, not amazing condition but mother a rub down and powder coat won't sort out once I know it all fits proper

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Upper Spacer and fitted pick, the upper race bearings fit in this not the frame.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Very nice and trick. could you turn your camera on its side, its giving me neck ache looking at your photos ;)

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Drunkn Munky wrote:Very nice and trick. could you turn your camera on its side, its giving me neck ache looking at your photos ;)
Yeah pissing me off too, randomly if you click on the photo it opens up the right way lol

Should get the yokes and forks fitted tomorrow or Sunday, the missis called me in for dinner then realised I didn't have any grease to carry on with fitting the bearings! Gutted lol

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Finally got the forks test fitted to see if there are any problems other than what i already know about, that being rhe steerig stoppers need altering some how to stop the yokes hitting the rads

What i did come to realise is this, the fork leg changes diameter where you need to fit the clip on clamp.
im getting 3cm below the top yoke by extending the standard fork length from 48cm, measured from middle of axle hole to underside of the bottom yoke to 49cm, not a massive amount of space to play with but do-able, I could the. Raise the back end to compensate?????

If I make the fork length 1cm shorter than standard it gives me 3.5cm above the yoke, not sure which way to go or if they even make clip ons with a 3-3.5cm deep clamp fitting :0S Also would making front end shorter by 1cm not make it a tad twitchy, bearing in mind his is a road bike?

Would I get a better set up making the front forks longer and altering the rear with a nitron ride height adjustable shock :pray:

Seems to be the only stumbling block so far other than the steering stoppers need altering so yokes don't hit the rads, what u think?