Juggernauts labour of love NC30

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: LUKE@YORK on the old site!
Juggernauts labour of love NC30

Post by juggernaut » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:13 pm

So I last had an NC30 in 2002/03 and used the site often as luke@york, I was one of the first to find out the hard way how pap the chinese kits were in the early days lol

finally got to a point after recently buying a house that i could afford to jump in and buy another, so here goes.

I looked at a few Nc30's and ended up with what i think for the money is a peach, cost me £1100 delivered from a local mechanic who had done it up for his son, with recent BT92 tyres, gold tsubaki chain, sprockets, shims done AND powder coated black frame, swing arm, yokes, sub frame, and many other random brackets! along with newly powder coated white wheels and around 18k miles on the clock and not registered as cat write off or stolen recovered, also had a naff ART carbon race can along with powder coated standard system

GOOD START!

looking slightly better with the stickers off!

Be safe kids always use a hair dryer when removing stickers DOH!

Cockpit

Reversecyclinderjim managed to get me a set of RVF carbs with various HRC parts installed to go on the NC30 at a later date with a RVF ram air type airbox that tyga do!

Rick oliver sorted me out with an earthing kit also.

Sorted myself out through work with a lithium ion battery for the NC!!!

So with the obligatory oil change done and quick check over i made an order with Tyga Performance consisting of;
Tyga rear sets with carbon heal guards.
Carbon chain guard.
Carbon exhaust bracket.
Various stainless fixings.
Carbon fairing infills.

Some of the bits fitted

New tyga jobbies

Real fake Pazzos

Then had a search on the net and came up with a few more goodies;
Carbon infinity endurance number board.
Real fake pazzo levers.
Stainless P clips.
Hel Lines front and back.
Couple of Castrol stickers.
OE isle of man scree sticker.
SP1 caliper adaptors.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a260/ ... 4B5143.jpg

Then spent an afternoon taking out a tonne of bolts and taking them to my local nut centre, ended up replacing a whole heap of bolts that had actually been refinished but he had even refinished the rounded one so figured I'd just jump in head first and go stainless, i know most dont recommend using A2 fasteners but well theres plenty of online stores selling them as well as bike shops and ive done it countless times on previous FZR/GSXR400's without any problems.

Then I was made redundant from Hein Gericke so it all stopped......... for 23 days util I found a new job LOL and it started again.
another Tyga order had been tempting me since i saw the quality of their first order, ended up buyig the items below which I am waiting for them to send;
RVF ram air type airbox.
Gold tyga rear sprocket 41 tooth for added acceleration.
RVF carbon fibre RC45 style single seat!!
RVF carbon lowers!!!

And again, another trawl on the internet bought me a K&N panel filter to mod my original filter with and a pipercross style crank case breather filter!

currently trying to find a rear subframe after talking to Rhory, which should be sorted through a forum member by the middle of the month, then i can pop the rear on.

PLenty more on my list of wants for the near future;
17" rear wheel.
Nitron road shock.
Rick oiliver Quick action throttle and RVF cables for the RVF carbs.
Geoffs radiators.
Samco hoses.
Silhouette (NC30) endurance upper (think these will look awesome with the carbon bodywork).
KOSO dash.
Full system.

pics to follow :whistle:
Last edited by juggernaut on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:40 am, edited 26 times in total.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO
Re: Juggernauts labour of love NC30

Post by Drunkn Munky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Sounds like another nice NC will be emerging soon :peace: Couple of things tho that you may have not realised, the RVF HRC type airbox TYGA sell does'nt take a filter so your need to run full HRC carbs for things to work, you could modify it to take a filter but im guessing thats just going present a whole load of fueling issues as the way the HRC box takes air compared to the stock setup is very different.
Also have'nt you just bought a set of RVF clocks? are these for the NC30? if so they wont work unless you fit the RVF CDI, loom and pick ups.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:47 pm

hi mate, I had the same set up in my last nc30, you can cut down the standard filter quite easily to fit in the airbox, which is what i did last time and ran around with it for 4 year without a problem, with only a slight re-jet :grin:

The rvf clocks are to go in a NC29 im doing up! they look the same to me so i reckon its a generic part for both bikes.... ill know later this week ;)

just uploading pics to photobucket as we type! doesnt look out special but im sure thatll change when the bodywork turns up.

Luke

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Ah ignore me then :grin:

Clocks could work on a NC29, i know one thing, NC29 and NC35 ignitech's are the same unit and are interchangable but NC30 are different.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 pm

yeah the clocks are worth a punt, not like id loose money on em is it lol

also ordered some of the smaller OE fitment clear lensed indicators from ebay.

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Gonna be a very nice and trick nc mate. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh once its done.
James

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Couple of bits sorted today, lithium ion battery and the K&N panel turned up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by juggernaut on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Found a missing engine bolt while fitting RO's earthing kit lol, quickly sorted and a quick check of the others revealed the two front one were finger loose..... Nice!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Not done a massive amount today but after taking the tank off I noticed the fuel line was chewed up bad from the previous owner, no doubt simply from taking the line on and off.

So out came fresh fuel line and a nice fancy little quick disconnect with a closing valve so you dont piss fuel everywhere when it's disconnected!!!
Last edited by juggernaut on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

juggernaut
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by juggernaut » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Postmans just dropped off some nice new clear OE style indicators, devil is in the detail!!