RVF RT Suzuka build

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125
Re: RVF RT Suzuka build

Post by VFRkieran » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Bloody hell mate me and you are going to look like proper trackday hero's at Cadwell lol.

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:30 pm

I will be particularly disappointed if you dont have tyre warmers and brolly dollies!
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many

Post by micpec » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Looking good! Keep it coming.
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Still some jobs to do but its back in one piece and ready for cadwell, It started on the button with the HRC carbs fitted and seems to rev cleanly so fingers crossed jetting isn't far out.
Fitting of the 675 forks are on hold till they've been rebuilt :(
Last edited by Drunkn Munky on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:01 pm

Looking good. I like the choke cable ;)

Gutted I can't make Cadwell to see everyone and their bikes :x

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Well although the bike started and rev'd cleanly it was a different story when riding it, unfortunately he first chance ride it was at cadwell where it bogged badly through the midrange and hit a brick wall when flat out. Spent all day on and off with the carbs swapping jets and needles but i may aswell of just been pissing in the wind as it didn't improve all day :(

The twinstack was always going and as i picked up a nice laser half system whilst at cadwell i got that fitted
I wasnt keen on the polished can and luckily the kevlar sleeve thats been kicking around in the garage for a few years was exactly the same size so a few rivets later we had this

It then went off to have the horrible fuelling setup at performance engineering (AKA Stephen A lee for those who know), a crappy 5 hr drive down the the west coast but worth it. Stephen pretty much diagnosed the top end brick wall i was experiencing straight after the 1st run as the the HRC airbox being pressurised, the cure was to fit the infamous rubber flap back under the headstock or vent the float bowls to the airbox of which we did the later. Needles were changed for a leaner set and the washers removed from the rear needles to bring the midrange back in line, the AF reading was off the scale rich with the previous needles fitted.
After a bit more fettling this is what i left with,
Pretty happy with the result even if it maybe a little optimistic but atleast i wont spend the next trackday with the carbs off after each session, final carb settings as follows,

148 Front and 152 Rear mains
HRC pilot jets (i'll check size)
Set A needles front and rear
No needle washers
4 short (std height) vel stacks
No filter
HRC type airbox
Both sub filter and float bowl pipes are vented to the airbox

BillingCBR
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '88 NC23, NC30, '98 R1, NC35

Post by BillingCBR » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Looking really good mate, really impressed with the power curve too :)
'89 CBR400RRJ and '91 VFR400R NC30 project
Neosophist - The NC30 doesn't go very well when it's on fire

RSVR
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RSVR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:06 pm

If you ever decide to sell it..................... i bags first dibs.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:46 pm

tony, have you got riding it since the rejetting etc ?
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Yes mate just been a bit slow to update this, did brands hatch about a month or so ago and failed the noise test big time, 108 db! Had to baffle the can and just scraped in at 105 db. Following on from what stephen was saying about pressurised air boxes and float bowls etc i fitted a fuel pump which worked just dandy, bike pulled strong all through the rev range except it was slightly flat up top. I think maybe it was the baffle causing this but also suspect i may need to replace the rubber flap under the headstock i dunno but oddly enough i emailed stephen early this evening about it so i'll see what he says before doing anything but be good to hear from anyone else running a RVF hrc setup to compare.
My bodged up float bowl seals finally gave up midday too and resulted in fuel everywhere, engine is nice and clean now though :grin: Ordered a complete carb seal kit from litetek which arrived yesterday so theres a job for the long winter nights.
Another system change too, gone back to a TSR SP1 style system :peace:

In other news i also used the 675 front end, felt a bit wooden at first but it soon came into its own and all i can say is that its awesome, brakes are ridiculously good.