Kierans type one resto with a few fancy bits.

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125
Re: Kierans type one resto with a few fancy bits.

Post by VFRkieran » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Nearly finished my HRC carbs!

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Saw this endurance type nosecone listed on eBay a few months back but I missed out on it due to a lack of cash, had a few regrets about missing it so when I saw it re listed decided to make an offer and here it is:

Looks like it's a Heardy one, only ever seen 2 of these for sale in about 2 years. it's bloody wide but very light, will be using it this year when I take the bike out on the road and there's a chance of being out in the dark.

Needs a few little repairs but should turn out ok.

Got bugger all else done on the NC in the past weeks lack of time and a CBR600f road bike that still isn't finished are getting in the way.

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Been painting up my race fairing over the last few days ready for the first outing in a few weeks when I finally figure out why it won't fire:

I was properly in the dog house with my misses for the over spray on the patio :p so made sure I didn't try and decorate the garden again when I started on the red:

Took me bloody ages to mask it all up but hopefully it will look TT-F3 cool when I'm done.

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Looks cool. Are you not using the Rick O seat unit?
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:37 pm

I feel your pain re the masking.
Got mine all done now finally

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Jim, no im keeping that safe and just using proper race fairing that i got for a good price, will be using the rick-o one when i take the bike out on the road though just for the peace of mind having a brake light.

Ive had a bloody nightmare tbh, took the masking tape off only to find ive got a bit of overspray on one or two spots but luckily those bits are going to be covered blue anyway, its by no means to the standard of yours as im crap at spraying so its got drips and runs in the paint, but providing i get the masking up right for the rest of it i will have a nice looking track/race bike from 10 paces away :P

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Looks like ive finally figured out why its not sparking, after going through some of the ignition electrics with my multimeter it seems like ive burnt out my Pulse generator coils. Got infinate resistance when im measuring the connector, compared with 400ohms on my spare RVF engine.

She may be a runner by next week if i can pull my finger out and get that sorted, only problem now is i need some new brake caliper seals to replace my leaky right caliper's lower pot, Just seems like is one thing after another lately :(

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Mon May 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Got a few more bits and pieces sorted over the last few weeks, hopefully doing my ACU license end of this month and going to try and get a race in at donnington with bemsee. All of that is dependant on me actually getting the bike finished before 2015!

She's now running on supercorsa's and it will be interesting to see if they live up to the hype:

That's a HRC bit of lock wire on the spindle don't you know :p

And a real piece of HRC:

Got my nose cone finished, it looks absolutely terrible up close and I masked over the dark blue before it was completly dry so it looks crap but from 10 paces away it looks half presentable:

Can anyone guess what bike I'm trying to copy yet? :D tail unit just needs one more coat and I need to have a fiddle with the lowers to get them to fit right before painting.

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Wed May 14, 2014 12:38 am

Well shes a runner and rider at long last! did an oil change today and fitted a spare set of calipers i had stored away, fitted my UK spec carbs as the other set is still mid HRC treatment, got both wheels on charged the battery and she fired up first time!

Plenty of smoke off the painted exhausts to start with but once that was burnt off it was running pretty well below 6k rpm anything above that and it feels like fuel starvation so i think 120F and 122R in the UK carbs is way too lean and it wont rev properly will go for 122F 124R and see if that improves it, what do we think carb guru's? Worth going up again to 124F 126R?

I originally thought it might have been because the speedo was removed but i plugged my little M-max box in and the speedo with no change to the issue above 6k, only other thing i can think of is the left hand switch gear, anyone know if having this unplugged causes the restriction to cut in?

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Sat May 17, 2014 8:31 am

Anyone would think HRC painted it themselves! :p

Nearly there now!