Number 9 - What was and what shall be

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: Number 9 - What was and what shall be

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:46 pm

So - quick update before I get some pics sorted.

The bike is looking great. Clean as a whistle.

It needs only to have the vacuum hose found and fitted as well as the gear rod fitted and I will be riding it around the container yard.

I'll stick a list of the work done when i extract from the invoices but overall - it's fully buzzin.

trackdays now being booked - Anglesey on 26th Sept and Cadwell 12th October as well as the Jerez..but waiting on the lay of the land as to whether that's on - though I've flights and shit all booked..

So, been a long roll has this - I really do hope that it provides for me all the joy and engagement I need from riding.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Glad to hear no.9 is back to full health again.
Can’t wait to see some pics 👍

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:52 am

reverse cylinder jim wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:57 pm
Glad to hear no.9 is back to full health again.
Can’t wait to see some pics 👍
if it stops pouring down James! I might then go and get some :rocks:
Hope you are well mate, been a long time eh>
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Too long dude.
Yes all good here thank you.
Must be 6 years plus ago that we both had running/ready 400’s on track at the same time 😂

Maybe next year?

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 am

I reckon it's probably longer than that, as I seem to recall you had MZ last time we made it onto a track?

Time flies! I'll be taking a look at my bike this weekend and so will get a couple of pics and maybe evidence of running!! whoop
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:22 am

Still waiting for the pictures Mark :news:

:worth:

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:13 pm

NGneer wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:22 am
Still waiting for the pictures Mark :news:

:worth:
Yes... err..I'll get some.

Suffice to say.. I had a few firsts :whistle:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Would also like to see pictures..

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by CMSMJ1 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Right on...

So - I got the bike back and it was wonderful.. (no idea why these links won't resolve - I've left them raw as they are annoying me :roll:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151932600 ... res/63kHg0

Had TD booked for Anglesey and got it all packed up, ready to rock and set off to the track. I got to the motorway and the van started showing me battery light issues.. i.e - not charging. oh dear. It was intermittent but was worrying.

It was getting into the evening and I stopped at Chester services to have a look - multimeter check tells me that it was not charging..oh dear.

I set off again, not really sure what I was going to do and fairly quickly the light came on permanently.. It was pissing down as I crossed into Wales near Buckley and I was getting more worried - what was I going to do! Soon going to be dark and if I put the lights on then I was going to drain the battery even faster and be stuck, overnight, on the A55 - a sketchy place to have to dump the dead van.

I pulled off into the McDonalds services that are at the start of the A55 adn put a post up on PB forum... Letting them know I would not be at the track and why.

Within minutes, Paul, aka Mr CRM, called me to ask where I was and what was up - he lives about 10 minutes away :) Legend that he is, he drove out to meet me and I followed him to his gaff. Showed me his puppies, err, bikes, and fed me some tea and put me up for the night. Super star legend. We also got the van onto charge and I was going to make a run for it home in the morning.

So, long story short -Paul is a gentleman and you would all love to have a look in the garage of exciting bikes that he has.

I made it home..but no9 had not had the trackday needed to shake down :(

However...

I was offered a place at Mallory on the 4th October - so I took that and rolled on down there.

Did 4 sessions - I was rusty and it was scary to be honest. Cool, slicks, bike that has not moved for some time.

Only took 2 pics - the massive insurance job of lockwiring my brakes up - not wanting to have to jump off a bike again :whistle:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151932600 ... res/J27np0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151932600 ... res/Q91s4N

Bike behaved, ran nicely and overall - it was really cool to get back on track.

So... 12th October I booked Cadwell for my birthday.

Was cold...brrrrr I met a mate and stayed in Horncastle the night before - few beers and a socially distanced Chinese FTW :mrgreen:

Trackday was fucking cold and I had my warmers and my tyre socks tingies to try to get some temperature into them. Bike was looking groovy and I spent the morning fitting my brand spanking SES rearesets. my current Battelstep WR ones are tired and need a fettle.

I was out in Novice :peace: :lol: and took it steady for the first few laps.

IT WAS COLD

First session completed, track dry adn the bike loving the COLD air. I was also finding my mojo and was so much more relaxed than I was last week at Mallory.

Second Session - I won it. It was a wonderful feeling to thrash the little bike and I was never overtaken (that stuck - i.e up the start finish or Park straights) and was generally just enjoying it.

Third session, much the same - some cheeky knee down and reminding myself how this riding shit all works.

Fourth session. COLD - getting darker as the clouds are heavy and rain is coming. I was going really well in the session and all was great til I turned into the top of the Gooseneck, onto the colder left hadn side of the tyre...and it jsut pushed and slid away like you would when slipping on mud.

Smacked down, SKKRRSSHHH and a bit ofa tumble - what a surprise! Shit! Fingertips were singing with the cold smack onto the track and I was almost laughing at myself. What the fuck!

Waved OK to the marshalls and went to check on my bike.. :pray: Engine was running... so I turned that off.. Rearsets...fucked.. GRRR

Generally though...alright. The van of shame came to collect me and took the bike away as I got a ride in the ambulance back to the paddock.

I have never fallen off like that before.

Ihave only fallen off a bike 3 times

1: At the start of my riding - 2004? - I ran No9 into a wall as I was a useless twat and that set me on the way to learning.
2: I fell off my race bike at Mallory as thought I had a puncture, rode onto the (frozen) grass at Mallory park and toppled off.. that was 2009/2010?
3: Jumped off my ZX10 when I had no braked (A la Vinales at Austria - I was faster and hit the barriers harder..pussy. He fell off the back, I jumped up and off the side.) That was shit.

I have never actually dropped it like this. It felt...good! My desire to ride is back. The bike is going to be OK and so all is well.

Bruising was a minger though - who thought that crashing could actually hurt!

I took a pic of the bike after I packed him into the van..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151932600 ... res/032V0h

So, all in all - We're alright. What's next? new rearsets...maybe a paintjob and probably some new tyres.

Jerez is cancelled - I have booked Portimao instead 8-) Am not taking No9 though, it would be too harsh and so next year, all being well, I'll get a few TDs in and see how we roll
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:57 pm

it looks like it slid fairy well so guess you were lucky. thanks for the writeup.
To take a bike on track you need the brakes lock wired?