Lam's bikes

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
willandrip
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Far, far too many now
Re: Lam's bikes

Post by willandrip » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:46 am

I have not seen the pattern Genesis/2TK mirrors for sale for a long while now.
Genuine;
1KT-26290-00 still available right
1KT-26280-00 NLA left.
A red box doth not a Snap On make.

laminator
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2tk,NC30, YB7

Post by laminator » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Wow, over a year since I posted in here. Not much has happened.

Bimotas went to Manchester show again, a good time was had by all.

Practical sportsbike magazine did an article on Bimota ownership and did a six page spread. It was the first time I'd actually got all my Bimotas in the same place at the same time!

I lent my petrol tank to the Bimota race team for the Classic race on their YB6.

Bimota YB9 had a fueling issue. It would drop a cylinder at lower revs. A jet was blocked, carbs off, cleaned, replaced, and all's good.

I've not done the tank on the VFR yet but I am getting closer, I've got some paint on it now. FZR hasn't been out this year, I must get an MOT on it, and tax. So much fun with the noise, etc. BTW not fitted the Alpha racing exhaust system I got from Japan yet, the micron sounds so nice. The YB7 bimota (with the FZR400 engine) is stock and I'm not sure I want to change it.

MV is running well, rear footpegs removed and single seat cowl fitted.

what else.....

oh I bought another bike. (that makes it 10!!!, when it arrives. It's on a slow boat from Japan)

Aprilia RS250 - 2.5k miles, original everything :) A 2 stroke, I've ordered some Motul 2T 710 oil, as I've been told it smells the best.

laminator
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2tk,NC30, YB7

Post by laminator » Tue May 22, 2018 12:28 pm

How time flies...
(and all the photobucket images have reappeared)

Aprilia arrived safe and sound, loving the two stroke powerband and smell. I flip my visor up at traffic lights and wait for the sweet smell of the two stroke to catch up.

I've stripped and rebuilt the fuel injection system on the Bimota YB4ei. The YB4ei is the first fuel injected 4 cylinder sports bike, ever! Also, the Bimota YB4EI was the first series production four-stroke motorcycle to employ a GP-style aluminium twin-spar frame. (..and the first bike to win a superbike race (Donington 1988)

Last weekend I got the YB6 out (FZR1000 engine, pre-EXUP). The carbs needed cleaning so the ultrasonic tank came in handy. Bimotas are not the easiest bikes to work on, they crammed a lot into a small space. To get the float bowls off the carbs means you have to disconnect them. This itself is hard as can be seen in the images. The cross strut means there is no access to the back of the carbs. I had to weld an allen key bit, then to a length of stainless rod, and then remove the front fairing (all one piece) to get access under the side frame, many knuckles were injured in this process. Putting them back on and tightening the clips is fun too!

I've not really done a lot to the other bikes. MV and RS250 get used most weeks, but the little VFR and FZR 2TK haven't had much use. I got an MOT on the VFR yesterday so it's good to go for a run. I have started on the tank for the VFR, it still wants a rub down and polish.