SELEXON'S NC29 Pre Modern Racer

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
selexon
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400R 2TK, CBR400RR NC29
Re: SELEXON'S NC29 Pre Modern Racer

Post by selexon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Cheers Cam,

I have already spoken to the boys at show and go and got a bit of info from them plus I grab pretty indepth tuning guide from factory pro. I will just have to work through it.

cajun
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, NC29,NC35, 2 FZR400's

Post by cajun » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:16 am

Any updates? Are you running the airbox with the FCR's or Pods?

Also any word on the Brembo rear caliper thingy?

selexon
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by selexon » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Hay Cajun,

I raced the bike last weekend set-up without the airbox and had also disconnected the accelerator pump as it looks like the previous owner had the linkages set up back to front as it was pumping a huge amount of fuel as soon as you moved the throttle, which was causing it to bog down below 8k.

I will be stripping the engine down this week to get the crank balanced and to install the RVF pistons. While the crank is away It will give me some time to finish the rear caliper mount.

I'll also be looking into the possibility of making a new larger airbox that will fully enclose the FCRs and house the fuel pump and use the bottom of the fuel tank as the lid. like a 916 does.
Last edited by selexon on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

cajun
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, NC29,NC35, 2 FZR400's

Post by cajun » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 am

I was thinking about making an airbox myself also however I really do not have the means or know how. I was actually going to take a fiberglass making class hahhaa.

BUT If you do make an airbox and have the ability to make two I would purchase one. Unless I beat you to it then I can sell you one.

selexon
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by selexon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:49 am

So I have everything together now to start reassembling the engine. Ready for this year racing.

Will getting the crank/rod/piston assy balanced I took the opportunity to get the new RVF piston skirts teflon coated. Only charge me $20.00 per piston. :grin:

Pleiades
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2008 R6 Race Bike

Post by Pleiades » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:13 am

[quote="cajun"]I was thinking about making an airbox myself also however I really do not have the means or know how. I was actually going to take a fiberglass making class hahhaa.

BUT If you do make an airbox and have the ability to make two I would purchase one. Unless I beat you to it then I can sell you one.[/quote]

Dustin, if you can get hold of a decent HRC airbox, then you just want something like this to make up a mould. I'm gonna get one myself, try making a few things.

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Ca ... MK750.aspx

<edit> Mnnn, looks like the "quote" button is broken..<edit>

selexon
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by selexon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:13 am

How quick a year can go by. Only used the 29 twice last year. One race meet and then a track day with my brother which he ended up bending a few valves. (his first time using race shift pattern. lol.)

I have replaced the head with a low mileage road unit. Which I only gave it a very lite port and polish. after that took it to the dyno so we could tune the FCR's, ended up with 70bhp

The rest of the year I hope to fit and paint the new race body work. plus fit a alloy sub frame that I have got and fit a Moriwaki full system that I have on the way from Japan.

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 am

selexon wrote:One race meet and then a track day with my brother which he ended up bending a few valves. (his first time using race shift pattern. lol.)
I know that feeling! :oops:

70 hp is a great result. Did it take long to tune the fcr's?
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

selexon
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by selexon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 am

Not sure how long it took Cammo, I dropped the bike off to Jamie at S&R Pro and he had it for a few days then gave it back to me. Only thing he said was the FCR32 are possible a little bit to big, but a set of race cams should help them breath and fuel better.

datsunking
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by datsunking » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:57 am

Where did you ordered the FCR32? It's a direct fitment right? Found one on the web, do you think this will fit directly on my nc29?
http://japan.webike.net/products/1689659.html

Regards
Patrick

patrickseah@gmail.com