My NC30 track bike project

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30
My NC30 track bike project

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Here's a couple of pics of my NC30 shortly after I got it last September (2009). It was pretty rough and if you look closely you can see things actually growing on it but it was straight and complete and it did actually run which was surprising as it had sat for at least 2 years prior to me getting hold of it.

A whole heap have parts have been removed and some replacements arrived.

It's still not complete as I want the bike to be a decent spec (I will probably race it at some point in the future) but I don't mind waiting for parts to come up at prices I'm prepared to pay but I stuck the bodywork on over the weekend and took a couple of pics but only this one came out half decent.

Lots more to do and still need some stuff but it will be finished early in the new year. I will include the spec and take some more detailed pics in the next few weeks as I add more parts and get it closer to completion.
Last edited by Johnny Wishbone on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marcus57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30, nc35, gsxr750
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by marcus57 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:01 pm

looks good mate, nice system you have there.

Tom1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1990 VFR400 NC30

Post by Tom1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Looks better already, keep us updated!

fixer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30/bsab25

Post by fixer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Looking good :up: Good luck with the project.
F I X E R

Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks guys, more pics will follow after the weekend though progress has halted due to a sheared off exhaust stud.

Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 am

Well it's fair to say the weekend has passed lol. Still no photos or progress unfortunately. I'm either going to pay someone to finish it off for me (any offers?) or break and sell it. As much as I'd like a track only bike I'm not sure I'll have much time to use it in the foreseeable future, nor do I have the skill to reassemble it or the spare cash lying around to finish it to the spec I'd hoped and with over £2000 in it up to this point it's very tempting to get shot.

ibby4585
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: SP's

Post by ibby4585 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:38 pm

That's a shame mate, there doesn't seem much to do, Just a final push!

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

If you do break it and the tank has no dents I call first dibs :grin:

Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Ok so I'm looking at picking up the bits I need/want to start to finish this thing off over the winter.

Generator. Do I want a modded GSXR one or BDK?

Radiators. Larger, reproduced standard ones (by geoff 33 or similar) or stick with stock? They have a few bent fins and look tatty but on the whole they're useable. The bike is destined for life solely on track.

Rear subframe. I've modified the stock one and like the fact it retains the original undertray (which I've trimmed down) but am aware an SES/Rick Oliver one would save a lot of weight. Can these race rear subframes be fitted with the original undertray?

I'm on the lookout for a 17" rear wheel and some clip ons too and then it's ready to reassemble. So anyone know of somebody (proffessional or talented amateur) not too far from Gainsborough, Lincs who would have the spare time and not charge the earth to take on the project?

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Why bother with a fancy genni if its purely a trackbike? your throwing £300 down the drain there just for the pleasure of not having to plug into a trickle charger once during the day.
Johnny Wishbone wrote: So anyone know of somebody (proffessional or talented amateur) not too far from Gainsborough, Lincs who would have the spare time and not charge the earth to take on the project?
So you want someone to finish the bike for you???? Way to far for me but id gladly do it if you could get it down to me