lee's nc30 rebuild

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
leef82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: vfr400 nc30
Re: lee's nc30 rebuild

Post by leef82 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 am

things are starting to move now finally, my shed is up not quite finished as im wainting on some more windows,
but ive got some where decent to work on it now

and the parts are starting to collect...
sp1 calipers just need a m/c ,a mate keeps telling me to go for a radial its just trying to find what ones work with these calipers
rc30 seat unit on order, spark plugs and the all new mk2 brake adaptor plates from rick
paint is bought for the fairings just awaiting on some platic repair kit and decals from brookey,
so plenty to keep me going, :grin:

leef82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by leef82 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:22 am

bit more done this week, got the engine back togetherafter neally killing it from a silly mistake, new spark plugs has solved the backfire issue, ive fitted new fuel pipes and seems to be running spot on,

wheels and disks have been blasted and paintedImage

the new style r.o adaptor plates and sp1 calipers

ses rearsets

520 renthal sprockets and tzubaki chain

and rc30 replica seat unit

slight fitting issue between the rear master cylinder and the seat unit, i think its because the ses spacers push the rear seets further out , im not sure if to get some spacers between the mc and rearsets to get the clearence or cut into the seat as when the seat is fixed with the allen bolts it pulls it right in and kinks the res hose.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 am

Id space the MC back in and do a proper job of it. Your be binning the res hose in about 6 months anyway due to it turning a manky colour ;). Fine for race bikes where the fluid is changed regular but a PITA on road bikes

leef82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by leef82 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 pm

blimey its been over a year since i last updated, well the bike still aint finished, due to abit of bad luck and funds, one of my forks sprung a leak out the bottom where the allen key bolt is so i had to wait untill i could afford a under headstock padddock stand to fix it, any way id say im about 90 95% complete

things left to do are: replace rear shock ( also sprung a leak), rebuild rear brake m/c, try and stop my sp1 calipers seaping around the threads on the bleed nipples, new headlight bulb, repair lower fairing and paint complete fairing and tank, fit indicators number plate etc... soon :pray:

leef82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by leef82 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:36 am

been a bit slack in updating the this thread but the build is coming along nicely, i had quite a few repairs todo to the lower fairings, broken tabs etc.. but plasti fix worked a treat.

next was preping the tank and fairings for paint, the tank had a nasty dent which had to be filled and reshaped. i spent alot time and effort taking photos and making templates so that the lines would go back in the exact place as original
4 hours to mask up a seat unit which i had todo again as some of the red leaked through on some of the tight corners

mistakes were made and some bits had to be redone but it all came out good in the end
ive still got to fit the lowers, the clear coat was still little to soft and i have some fairing bolts missing so ill update when i get some sorted.
this is how things are looking at the moment...

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Wow so impressed with that paint job..assume not spray cans!!

leef82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by leef82 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:26 pm

nah not spray-cans, used spray gun, my dad use to do a bit of spraying back in his day so had the equipment.

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Looks very nice. I tidied up your post and fixed all your broken image links.
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

leef82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by leef82 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 pm

thanks jim157, i did start to clean some of that up but got fed up with it, posting of pics is a bit different from when i last posted..
lee

leef82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by leef82 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:45 pm

at some point ill will make a spec list if i can remember whats been done and todo list, still a few bits need sorting that annoying me,